You can add a link to your Instagram Story using the chain link icon in the top menu of your Story screen. Once you add a link to your Instagram Story, followers and viewers can view that linked content by swiping up on your Story. The link tool is only available on Instagram Stories for users with more than 10,000 followers, or a verified account.
If you’re eligible to add a link, make sure it works after publishing by opening your Story and swiping up. Stories and their links erase after 24 hours. There doesn’t appear to be any geographic restrictions to clickable stories links, and as the feature gains in popularity and usage, we can hope Instagram will continue to roll this feature out to even more users. If you are able to add a link to your Instagram Story then you can get more like to instagram posts.
How to add a link to your Instagram Story
1) Open and Login in Instagram app.
2) Tap the blue plus sign (+) located on your profile photo.
3) Take a photo or upload one for your Story.
4) In the top menu, tap the chain link icon that appears. (If your account isn’t Instagram-verified or you don’t have 10,000 followers, you won’t be able to see or use this feature).
5) Open a new tab on your phone’s preferred web browser and go to the site you want to link in your Story.
6) Copy the site URL then re-open the Instagram app. The app Insta bots explains more, you can check out.
7) Paste the URL into the Story link box.
8) Tap Done in the upper right corner to finalize your Story.
9) Tap Your Story to publish and share your link with your followers.
Once your Story is live, a call to action will be added to your post. At the bottom of the screen will be a note that says “Learn More” and an icon that encourages viewers to swipe up. When your viewer swipes up, they are automatically taken to whatever you linked to.
other than the links you see on stories, the only other place where public links work are on the bio section. Links inserted in comments are invariably plain text, and links sent via DMs don’t count—though they are functional for users’ convenience. Ads don’t count either since this is a paid option.