Plagiarism; a brief overview
The word plagiarism is the combination of two Latin words, ‘plagiarius,’ which means to kidnap something.
So, the plagiarism can be defined as stealing or kidnapping someone’s work without properly citing the source or giving credit and passing it on to different websites or pages.
It is a crime and has serious consequences. To avoid it, try using a plagiarism checker to detect any copied content before submitting or publishing.
- In many cases, students read some material and then summarize it using the same words or sentence structure without using quotation marks and citations. Such an approach is also known as plagiarism.
- Plagiarism is related to written material from various websites and includes copying of intellectual property like lyrics, pictures, videos, and even step sequence of a dance.
Types of plagiarism
If we follow the definition of plagiarism, then we can conclude that it is the practice of copying someone else’s work and presenting it as your own, but in fact. Other than that, plagiarism exists in several forms.
It becomes crucial to know about them for their quick identification and effective removal to make your content fresh in your competitors’ race.
When you take the information from any source and copy it, it is along with its structure. Publishing such content will give rise to direct and complete plagiarism in your content.
This type of plagiarism occurs when you do not pay much attention to the research. Lack of enough information about any subject will lead you to copy your previous work related to the current topic.
Sometimes people do it intentionally to save time, but in the long run, it has bad consequences.
if you are using different phrases in your content but not using quotation marks, then the chances of mosaic plagiarism will increase. Additionally, the same sentence structure as a source but with different words also causes this kind of plagiarism.
If someone forgets to give credit to a real author or fails to cite their sources properly, it will be identified as accidental plagiarism.
So, to avoid this kind of plagiarism, you must attend the citation system. By using the right format to cite your sources, you can reduce the chances of plagiarism.
It is one of the most prevailing types of plagiarism. When content creators make very insignificant and minor changes in already written content, it keeps the main idea almost the same as of source.
When a brand hires a writer to produce content, then it will also have considered a plagiarized content through a plagiarism detector will fail to detect it.
On the other hand, if content with a mutual collaboration but only one website or individual resent its own, such content has collaboration plagiarism.
Secondary Source Plagiarism:
While giving references and putting citations to mention your sources, if you forget your secondary sources and don’t cite them, it will be known as secondary source plagiarism.
Consequences of plagiarism
Content that is unique and fresh increases the trustworthiness of your consumers.
If you are a student, it will help you in achieving good grades and if you are a content creator to represent any brand or company, it will help you gain more followers.
But then again, if you are plagiarizing your content, you will have to face some serious consequences such as:
- Plagiarism allegations have the potential to ruin the reputation in academics and the content marketing industry.
- If a student is plagiarizing a research paper, then he or she can get expelled. In this way, it will be the reason for a ruined academic career and poor grades. Likewise, plagiarized content cannot be published in the future.
- If you are copying content protected by a trademark, you will be accused of violating copyright laws. In such cases, the creator of the source has the right to take legal action against you.
- When it comes to Google, it will penalize you and drop your rankings.
- In severe plagiarism cases, google can block you for the rest of your life and put a permanent question mark on the credibility of your work.
- Plagiarized content has the power to your website traffic.
- Unique content remains on the first page of Google, so if you have copied content on your website, forget about gaining a prominent position.
Tools to avoid plagiarism
Plagiarism checker by editpad.org
Editpad.org offers an excellent Plagiarism checker developed to support students and every content creator to check plagiarism in the blink of an eye. It has the ability to scan and then compare the uploaded files. This plagiarism checker has unique feature such as:
- After detecting plagiarism, it will give you a total percentage of the copied content.
- All the new content will be presented along with the percentage.
- If there are exact phrases, then the tool will highlight them.
- The tool will give you information about all the Matched sources
- The total Word count of your content and the readability of your text will be presented.
- It offers you free as well as paid registration. So, pick according to your convenience and requirement.
This plagiarism checker provides a deep scan of the web and social media accounts to detect a minor percentage of plagiarism.
Advantages of using plagiarism detection tools in digital marketing
- Plagiarism checker tools are benefiting the world of content daily. Below are the foremost welfares of using plagiarism detection tools:
- A plagiarism checker will run a deep scan to check your document against a wide range of databases. So, go through the specifications of different tools and pick the most suitable one.
- Another captivating advantage of using a plagiarism checker is to gain insight into the ratio of duplicate content. To avoid even a little percentage of plagiarism, it is a good idea to use an efficient plagiarism checker tool.
- When you use a plagiarism checker before uploading your research, you can lower stress levels by knowing that there won’t be any issues regarding plagiarism. It will show you the similarity of certain phrases and sentences, so you will know exactly where you need to rephrase your work.
- Plagiarism detection tools show you other sources that contain similar wording so you can get more websites to fetch related information without struggling.
- Such tools are experts in enhancing the skill of paraphrasing and increase the chances of preventing future plagiarism issues.
- Using a plagiarism checker at the end of writing any content can increase your work’s worth by reducing the chances of potential problems that may arise later on.
Plagiarism will always take away the credibility of any of your content, and your message fails to reach the target audience.
So, the students or content creators must not plagiarize, neither intentionally nor unintentionally.
Therefore, it is suggested to use plagiarism detection tools to distinguish any copied content and then take precautionary measures to avoid this theft.