Android 9 Wifi Issue | Android Pie facing WiFi scan throttling issues – Google has made lot of improvements on its mobile operating system including the enhancement of overall battery usage on Android. However, the latest iteration is causing throttling of WiFi scan with multiple network applications.
Google in the new Android Pie OS has put a limitation on the frequency that an app can use in the mobile platform’s WiFi scanning feature. Google in its issue tracker responding to the cause confirmed that the latest update to Android limits WiFi scan functionality for both foreground and background applications.
Android Pie facing WiFi scan throttling issues
The Mountain View company further mentioned that the WiFi Scan for each foreground app is restricted to 4 scans every two minutes, while all background apps combined are restricted to one scan every 30 minutes.
How to Fix Android 9 Wifi Issue
If you’re having issues with WiFi our first suggestion would be to turn WiFi off, then back on. Slide down the notification bar and tap the WiFi quick-setting tile at the top. Then turn it back on and try to connect. If this still doesn’t help a quick reboot usually solves the problem. Below are some ways to fix Android 9 Wifi Issue.
1) Go to Settings > WiFi and forget your wireless network.
2) Unplug your home router or modem and wait at least 10-15 seconds before you plug it back in using your wifi name.
3) Once it reboots search for it, reconnect, put in your password, and see how it goes.
Google made a lot of changes to WiFi in Android 9 and some in the Android Pie beta. So, things might be messed up. Giving it a fresh start re-pairs the connection after this big software upgrade. If above does not works, follow below methods to
fix Wifi problems in android Pie.
1. Turn on Airplane Mode to fix Wifi problems in android Pie
Scroll down notification bar from any screen and tap on Airplane mode to enable it. After 1 or 2 minute, disable it. Now check Wi-Fi is connected or not.
2. Reset router to fix Wifi problems in android Pie
Unplug the router for 2 or 3 minute and plug it again. Also check wall outlet power is working or not.
3. Forget connect Wi-Fi network from android Pie
Delete connected Wi-Fi and again add Wi-Fi network on your Google Pixel 8.0 phone. Follow below steps to Delete Connected wifi.
- Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Tap Wi-Fi network name > Forget.
- Now again connect to that wifi
- Settings > Wi-Fi > Enable Wi-Fi > + Add network > Enter SSID & Security, Proxy and IP settings > Save
4. Reset network settings to fix Wifi problems in android Pie 9.0
- Step 1: Go to Settings in android Oreo
- Step 2: Tap on system
- Step 3: Tap on Reset
- Step 4: Tap on Network settings reset
- Step 5: Again touch Reset settings
It will reset all network settings from your android Pie devices including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mobile data. Check fix android Oreo Wi-Fi problems or not.
5. Enable safe mode on android Pie
Step 1: Press and hold the power button in your Pixel (Android 9.0) and other devices
Step 2: Touch & hold Power off
Now your android Oreo device is in safe mode. You can see safe mode symbol in below of the left side corner of screen in your android Pie 9.0.
If you’re android Oreo Wi-Fi working in safe mode, it means any third party apps causing issue. Remove one by one recently downloaded app.
Find app that causing problem to Wi-Fi connectivity and remove it from your device. To exit safe mode on Android Pie 9.0, press the power button and tap restart.
If those don’t help, we recommend updating your applications. If updating doesn’t fix your issue, boot your device into Safe Mode to disable third-party apps. Apps have been known to cause connectivity problems.
Hope These solutions and steps to Fix Android Pie WiFi Problems resolved your issue. If you know any other solution to Fix Android 9 WiFi Problems then comment below and we will add that solution in this list of how to Fix Android 9 WiFi Problems.