Three iPhones, iPhone XI, iPhone 11 Max are expected to be launched in September this year, including a sequel to the iPhone XR with an LCD display. The front-facing cameras on both devices will incorporate 12 megapixel sensors, a solid bump up from the 7 megapixel sensors currently found on Apple’s iPhone XS and XS Max models.
While there has no official news from Apple, the iphone 11 rumor mill is already starting to give us a picture of what we should expect from the newest smartphone from Apple.
Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Max Leaks and Rumours
1) The iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Max are expected to launch later this year and the devices have been spotted in several leaks over the past few days.
2) Now new photos have emerged on Weibo (via SlashLeaks) that allegedly revealed manufacturing molds and schematics for the iPhone XI and iPhone 11 Plus to be used by third-party case manufacturers.
3) Just this weekend, for instance, physical molds of the iPhone XI and iPhone 11 Max surfaced online and provide us with a clearer look at what Apple’s next-gen iPhone lineup will look like.
Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Max Specification Based on Rumours
1) The leaked schematics shows the exterior of the iPhone XI and iPhone 11 Max, which corroborates several leaks and rumours.
2) The most visible element is the triple-camera configuration that would be placed in a square-shaped layout in the top left corner of the iPhone.
3) Earlier this year a serial leakster@OnLeaks indicated that the iPhone 11 could feature a triple-camera setup placed in a square-shaped layout, similar to that of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
4) Exact camera specifics aren’t available, but it is largely believed that the iPhone 11 could come with a 12MP wide-angle lens, 12MP super wide angle lens and 12 telephoto lens, provided by Sony.
5) The phones are also said to feature a 12MP selfie camera, as opposed to a 7MP module.
So while there’s no guarantee the moldings below are accurate, it’s no secret that case manufacturers will often take extreme measures in order to ascertain accurate information about upcoming iPhone models in order to get a jump on production.
Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Max Design
1) Barring the square-shaped bulge on the back, the design of the iPhone XI lineup will be identical to that of the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.
2) Apple, however, could make the display notch a bit smaller. Well-known Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reported earlier this week that the iPhone XI and iPhone 11 Max will come with 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch OLED displays.
3) The notch remains, though it’s worth pointing out that Apple, with the release of the iPhone XI, will reportedly introduce some reliability and performance improvements to Face ID.
Apple iPhone XI, iPhone 11 Max Release date
Three iPhones are expected to be launched in September this year, including a sequel to the iPhone XR with an LCD display. The iPhone XI lineup, however, would be the last one to feature an LCD model.
If Apple does opt to delay the launch by a week, we could be looking at a potential launch date of either September 17 or September 18.
Apple iPhone XI display
The iPhone XI will have a 5.8-inch display, just like the iPhone XS, but with smaller bezels, and that it won’t support 5G, but that it will, surprisingly, have a 4,000mAh battery and a USB-C port. The same source says to expect space grey, gold, silver and blue colors.
Apple iPhone XI Price
We don’t know the official price of the next iPhone yet, but it’s likely to be similar to what we saw with the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Pricing will likely start at $999 and go up for additional storage or for the larger screen. We expect storage to start at 64GB with additional options for 256GB and 512GB. We do not expect Apple to offer a 1TB option this year.
If Apple offers a low cost iPhone this year (similar to the XR), it’ll likely start at $749 and go up in price for additional storage.