if you are looking for Best Coinbase Alternative for Buying/Selling CryptoCurrencies then we have mentioned Best Coinbase Alternative along with their Fees Structure so that you can choose Best Coinbase Alternative trading CryptoCurrencies. Here is a look at 8 alternatives to Coinbase. We look at their services based level of trust, cryptocurrencies options, ways to deposit your cash, fees charged.
Best Coinbase Alternative should have Good security practices, a modern and simple user interface, and both bank transfer & credit card purchases are available. Are you fully aware of Coinbase (the wallet service attached to the GDAX platform)? Coinbase doesn’t take nearly this long to fund with fiat, given the level of verification that you get to.
Best Coinbase Alternative for Buying/Selling
Coinbase is most common and one of the first exchanges. It is frequently used by most of the newcomers to Bitcoin network. Coinbase is a US-based exchange. It the world’s most popular exchange to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. They also support the instant purchase of these currencies via Visa/MasterCard credit and debit cards. Below is the list of Best Coinbase Alternative for trading cryptocoins.
Essentially Coinbase is the beginner interface where they make things as simple as possible and in doing so they add extra fees. It’s better to start an exchange with as much volume as possible, as many people participating and giving good feedback to their social groups .And because of high volume of $. They surely need to make bank, to buy nft coins, to have working coin capital for the buying/selling.
List of Best Coinbase Alternative Exchange Site
Coinbase started to act like traditional banks, which repelled many users. Besides having higher fees, Coinbase opened up other issues when it comes to serving customers. Considering all of the above, including higher fees, there are many alternatives. Some of Best Coinbase Alternative for Buying/Selling CryptoCurrencies are
1. Gemini Exchange
Gemini is an online exchange operating with lower fees than Coinbase. It’s New York-based and it operates with individuals and business clients. In the US, it’s reachable in 26 states and DC. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
The Company took an alternative route to most other exchanges in jumping through regulatory hoops by applying for status as a New York State limited liability Trust rather than a Bitlicence. This gives the exchange the ability to deal both with institutional clients and individuals. The founders have also announced their intention to allow access to other alternative crypto markets as and when they warrant it.
Key Features of Gemini Exchange
Functionality – The Gemini platform is well designed and easy to use. The interface is kept relatively simple and provides a smooth and efficient user experience. Key data on prices, orders, and balances update instantaneously, which keeps the platform extremely responsive, and allows users to stay on top of their dealings.
Security – Gemini remains fully compliant with all digital asset regulations and consumer protection laws and as a result, operates at a high level of security and professionalism. US Dollar Accounts are insured by the FDIC, with funds held in a New York-chartered bank. All digital assets are put into cold storage, while online assets are hosted on Amazon Web Services, which also utilize a host of additional security measures.
Customer Support – Gemini provides an in depth FAQ that seeks to answer the most common questions, as well as a blog that provides its users with instructions on how to buy and sell Bitcoin. Specific user inquiries are handled via email and Gemini aims to reply to customer questions within a few hours.
International Availability – The exchange is currently available to approximately 45 U.S. states, Canada, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Korea and the United Kingdom.
FEE SCHEDULE in GEMINI EXCHANGE
The base fee for all liquidity-making and liquidity-taking trades for each trading pair is 25 bps (0.25%); however, your fee rate for each trading pair is determined by your gross trading volume on both the continuous and auction order books for that trading pair over a 30 calendar day trailing window.
|Taker Fee||Maker Fee||Auction Fee|
|0||0||25 bps (0.25%)||25 bps (0.25%)||25 bps (0.25%)|
|≥ 1,000||≥ 20,000||23 bps (0.23%)||20 bps (0.20%)||20 bps (0.20%)|
|≥ 2,000||≥ 40,000||20 bps (0.20%)||15 bps (0.15%)||15 bps (0.15%)|
|≥ 3,000||≥ 60,000||15 bps (0.15%)||10 bps (0.10%)||10 bps (0.10%)|
|≥ 5,000||≥ 100,000||10 bps (0.10%)||0 bps (0.0%)||0 bps (0.0%)|
BitStamp is a London-based exchange that offers many advantages, especially for people of Europe. It is reachable to individuals who want to trade their BTC by themselves. It is very economical for Europeans since it offers free deposits. They have low fees and considered to be very secure and simple for use.
Bitstamp is one of the most reliable cryptocurrency exchanges out there, with a high daily volume and excellent connections in the industry. Transparent volume-based pricing with no hidden fees. 98% of digital funds stored offline. Subject to yearly audit by one of the Big Four. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
Pros of BitStamp
- Good reputation
- High volume and liquidity
- Connections in the industry grant it additional legitimacy
- Easy to use and quick
Cons of BitStamp
- Supports only BTC/FIAT trades
- Slightly higher fees if you are trading lower volumes
Fee Schedule in Bitstamp
|Fee %||30 days USD volume|
Please note: All non-USD trading volumes are converted to USD using a spot exchange rate at the time of each trade.
Bitsquare offers anonymity and they care for financial privacy. It is a secure exchange and its reasonable in fees and other costs of Bitcoin trade. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
Bisq is for those who do not want to forfeit control or privacy to a central authority in order to trade with other individuals. We regard financial transactions as a form of private speech that should be protected from surveillance by banks, governments, and other institutions.
Unlike traditional online exchanges, Bisq is designed to be:
- Instantly accessible – no need for registration or approval from a central authority.
- Decentralized – there is no single point of failure. The system is peer-to-peer and trading can not be stopped or censored.
- Safe – Bisq never holds your funds. Decentralized arbitration system and security deposits protect traders.
- Private – no one except trading partners exchange personally identifying data. All personal data is stored locally.
- Secure – end-to-end encrypted communication routed over Tor.
- Open – every aspect of the project is transparent. The code is open source.
- Easy – we take usability seriously.
Bisq operates with the following fees:
- Create offer fee: 0.001 BTC (paid to the arbitrators, mining fee is included)
- Take offer fee: same as create offer fee (and also paid to the arbitrators)
- Bitcoin mining fee: 0.0003 BTC (A mining fee is included in a transaction three times: Deposit from external wallet, trade, and withdrawal to external wallet. So the sum is 0.0009 BTC)
- Security deposit (might be used as arbitration fee): 0.1 BTC, which is returned in whole to the trader after the transaction in case he is not found to have behaved dishonestly.
CEX.IO combines everything one may need from a Bitcoin exchange. Whether you would like to receive some BTC instantly by making a market order or to wait for specific conditions for the order execution with a limit order option, CEX.IO offers a unique and simple solution.
CEX is a London, UK-based exchange that has been operating since 2013. It supports the buying and selling of BTC and ETH. CEX has earned quite a bit of respect in the cryptocurrency space and is operational in 99% countries of the world.
features of CEX:
- Supports wire transfers of USD, EUR, RUB, and GBP.
- Offers a mobile app.
- 2-factor account authentication (good security features).
- Buy/sell/trade Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Buy Bitcoin using credit or debit card.
- Buy Ethereum using credit or debit card.
- Great 24*7 customer support.
- Trade exchange.
Maker-Taker Fee Schedule in CEX
Transaction fee is based on your 30-day trade volume for all pairs, which is recalculated at 00:00 (GMT) each day and includes current day`s trades.
|Trade Volume 30d, BTC||Taker||Maker|
5. Local Bitcoin
LocalBitcoins is a Bitcoin startup and P2P Bitcoin exchange based out of Helsinki, Finland which has been operating since 2012. LocalBitcoins is a peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange. We are a marketplace where users can buy and sell Bitcoins to and from each other. Users, called traders, create advertisements with the price and the payment method they want to offer.
You can browse our website for trade advertisements and search for a payment method you prefer. You will find traders buying and selling Bitcoins online for more than 60 different payment methods.
Features of Local Bitcoin
- LocalBitcoins provides a large number of payment methods. LocalBitcoins users are free to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using any payment method. The payment method depends on what’s available in your particular location. Cash deposit, due to its privacy feature, is the most popular method for LocalBitcoins transactions.
- LocalBitcoins does not impose any buying or selling limits on the trading parties. Users are free to decide on their own limits.
- LocalBitcoins does not require personal information for trading. LocalBitcoins provides a very private way for trading Bitcoins.
- LocalBitcoins is available in almost all the countries in the world, even where there is no other cryptocurrency exchange is available.
- LocalBitcoins facilitated in-person cash trades are fast and easy to complete.
- You can assess your counterparty by viewing his or her feedback history or profile.
- LocalBitcoins has low fees. LocalBitcoins charges a flat 1% fee on all trades.
- LocalBitcoins has forums where you may seek help from other LocalBitcoins users.
Cons of Local Bitcoin
- There are many scams on LocalBitcoins, and you need to be very alert.
- Fees and rates can be high, if buying in cash.
- Some payment methods such as PayPal, may have reversible payment features; which may prove to be risky.
- The speed of transaction would depend on payment method.
- It is risky for the users to store Bitcoins in the LocalBitcoins wallet.
- You need to check the reputation of each of the users on the exchange, particularly with whom you are going to trade.
- There are problems with new users or the ones with bad feedback.
- Some sellers or buyers may require ID verification for making a trade.
- Prices may be excessive depending on the payment methods.
Fees in Local Bitcoin
- Registering, buying, and selling Bitcoin is completely free.
- LocalBitcoins users who create advertisements are charged a 1% fee for every completed trade.
- Transactions to wallets of other LocalBitcoins users are free.
- Transactions to other Bitcoin wallets are subject to Bitcoin network transaction fee.
- The current fee is visible on the wallet page under the heading Bitcoin Network Fees.
6. Binance Exchange
Binance is a China-based cryptocurrency exchange that gives users access to a robust set of trading tools, charts and security features. Following a successful initial coin offering (ICO), Binance began live trading in July 2017.
Binance is growing at a very fast rate, and if it will keep growing, it will soon become the biggest crypto exchange worldwide for trading altcoins. Binance would be the recommended choice of exchange due to its large trading volume, which would equate to better prices and a higher probability of your buy/sell orders being filled. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
The process behind this is fairly simple and straightforward and you don’t have to verify your account for level 1 which is a 2 BTC daily withdrawal limit. For level 2 which allows up to 100 BTC per day, you need to upload a photo ID and wait till you are approved. There are higher limits still, but you will need to contact them directly to arrange that.
Pros of Binance
- 100+ cryptocurrencies
- Multi-language support
- High liquidity
- Backed by an established team
- Low transaction and withdrawal fees
- Bounty and reward programs
Cons of Binance
- New market entrant – still relatively unproven
- Possible Android mobile app bugs
- Delays when withdrawing certain coins
- Unknown future impact of unstable Chinese regulatory climate
- 2FA for Chinese phone numbers only
- Some user data logged
Fees in Binance Exchange
- 0.1% trading fee
- If you have BNB, you can choose BNB to deduct 50% trading fee（temporary）.
When you trade on Binance exchange , our system will give you a discount of deductible fees automatically on the condition of having enough BNB in your account. The cost BNB amount depends the market price.
|TIME||The 1st year||The 2nd year||The 3th year||The 4th year||The 5th year|
|Discount rate||50%||25%||12.5%||6.75%||No discount|
GDAX is an online service where institutions and professionals are able to trade several cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. on an intuitive and secure platform. GDAX is a regulated, US-based exchange. The company is insured and backed by some of the biggest investors in the industry – like the New York Stock Exchange, Andreessen Horowitz, and Union Square Ventures, among others.
Customer funds are also FDIC insured, which means each customer is entitled to up to $250,000 in remuneration in the event of a loss. GDAX is known for its low fees, with no fees charged on maker trades. Volume-based discounts can lower taker fees all the way down to as low as 0.1%. Taker fees start at 0.25%. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
Features of GDAX
- GDAX offers an intuitive interface with real-time orderbooks, charting tools, trade history, and a simple order process so you can start trading immediately.
- GDAX offers a wide range of fiat and cryptocurrency pairs, including BTC/USD, ETH/USD, LTC/EUR, LTC/USD, ETH/BTC, LTC/BTC, BTC/GBP, and BTC/EUR, among others.
- GDAX offers margin trading with leverage up to 3x (on BTC/USD and ETH/USD pairs, up to a limit of $10,000), or 2x (for BTC/EUR pair up to 3,000 EUR, and for LTC/USD pair up to $500).
- As mentioned above, GDAX offers 0% maker fees and taker fees as low as 0.1%.
- GDAX offers a Websocket feed that lets traders easily gain access to real-time market data. Meanwhile, the GDAX’s trading API allows for the development of secure, programmatic trading bots.
GDAX Fees Structure
|USER 30 DAY VOLUME||TAKER FEE||MAKER FEE|
|> 0 % (~0.00 BTC)||0.25 %||0 %|
|> 1 % (~8,209.17 BTC)||0.24 %|
|> 2.5 % (~20,522.93 BTC)||0.22 %|
|> 5 % (~41,045.86 BTC)||0.19 %|
|> 10 % (~82,091.71 BTC)||0.15 %|
|> 20 % (~164,183.43 BTC)||0.1 %|
Kraken is a bitcoin exchange tool for professional traders of bitcoin currency. Kraken offers a trustful and totally secure and safe trading system. You can trade your money, see your profits, see your account and how are your trading improved. Kraken is a perfect tool for everyone who wants to invest in blockchain based cryptocurrencies.
Fees start as low as 0% and depend largely on how much you trade. Fees are charged on a per-trade basis and calculated as a percentage of the trade’s quoted currency volume. Kraken offers one of the most comprehensive fee schedules on the market. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
Pros of Kraken
- Highly respected exchange
- Low transaction fees
- Professional trading platform with all the bells and whistles
- Margin trading and short selling
Cons of Kraken
- INR not available
- Limited payment methods
- Not suitable for beginners
- Customer support can be overwhelmed at times, leading to slower service
Fees Structure in Kraken
Listed below are the fee schedules, margin, and leverage info for the currency pairs available for trading on Kraken.
The fee schedules are tier-based: the more total volume you trade in your account, the lower your fee on subsequent trades (once the next volume tier for the currency pair is reached). Other fee considerations:
- Fees are charged on a per-trade basis.
- Fees are calculated as a percentage of the trade’s quote currency volume (by default). Certain pairs allow the fee to be calculated based on the trade’s base currency, which can be specified when ordering using the Fee Currency option.
- User fee volume levels are measured using the equivalent market value of the listed “Fee Volume Currency” at the time of the trade. Note that this currency may be different from the pair’s base or quote currency.
- User fee volume levels are measured and applicable for trades occurring in the last 30 days only.
Bittrex is a crypto-currency exchange built and operated in the United States. Bittrex is distinguished by the security of its platform, its custom built trading engine, its fast deposits, etc. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
Users have access to three account types, depending on the level of verification obtained. The account types are Unverified, Basic and Enhanced. The higher the level of verification you obtain, the more freedom you’ll have to withdraw cryptocurrency to your wallet.
Pros of Bittrex
- Large selection of altcoins
- Good security record
- Easy to use
- Automated features
Cons of Bittrex
- Long verification process
- Slow response time to customer service issues
Fees in Bittrex -All trades have a 0.25% commission.
Poloniex is a US-based cryptocurrency exchange that promises to offer maximum security and advanced trading features. Poloniex is a pure crypto to crypto exchange based in the United States. In early 2015, it experimented a redesign. The site added a wealth of features that provide immersive trading experience.
Poloniex is also known for its strong liquidity. It has the largest exchange volumes in many online markets. The company offers exchange services in addition to margin trading and lending. This is one of the best coinbase alternative to buy crypto with low fee.
Features of Poloniex
- Deposit and Withdraw: Only cryptocurrencies
- Country: United States
- Currencies: Over 100 cryptocurrencies
- UI: Easy, simple-to-navigate interface
- Pros: Good liquidity, easy-to-use UI, diverse features
- Cons: Anonymity of owners, no license in US
Fees Structure in Poloniex
Every 24 hours, we will calculate the last 30 days of trading volume on your account (spot and margin combine) and dynamically adjust your fees according to the following schedule:
|Maker||Taker||Trade Volume (trailing 30 day avg)|
|0.15%||0.25%||< 600 BTC|
|0.14%||0.24%||≥ 600 BTC|
|0.12%||0.22%||≥ 1,200 BTC|
|0.10%||0.20%||≥ 2,400 BTC|
|0.08%||0.16%||≥ 6,000 BTC|
|0.05%||0.14%||≥ 12,000 BTC|
|0.02%||0.12%||≥ 18,000 BTC|
|0.00%||0.10%||≥ 24,000 BTC|
|0.00%||0.08%||≥ 60,000 BTC|
|0.00%||0.05%||≥ 120,000 BTC|
For lenders, a 15% fee is applied to earned interest.
So these are some Best Coinbase Alternative for trading. If you know any other Best Coinbase Alternative for Trading comment below and we will try to add those in this list of Best Coinbase Alternative for trading cryptocoins.