In this post you will find all details related to How to Change boarding point Online via IRCTC. IRCTC allows its passengers to change boarding station 24 hours before train departure. According to the IRCTC official website, if a passenger changes the boarding point once, he will lose all rights to board the train from the original boarding point.
IRCTC travellers, good news for you! The railways have tweaked their rules regarding change of train’s boarding point. passengers will be able to change their boarding station up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train. Just Follow below steps to Change boarding point Online via IRCTC. If you don’t know about IRCTC website then you can follow these Simple Step for IRCTC Registration for new Account
Steps to Change boarding point Online via IRCTC
Boarding point change is allowed only once and boarding station can be changed before 24 hours of the scheduled departure of train, according to IRCTC.
1) Log in to the IRCTC website with your login ID and password.
2) Click on the option ‘Booking Ticket History’.
3) You will be redirected to the Booked Train Tickets page. There you can select the appropriate train for which you want to change your boarding point — select the train in the radio button. Before selecting make sure you are selecting the correct train.
4) Click on the ‘Change Boarding Point’ button.
5) You will be redirected to the ‘Change Boarding Point’ page and where you can see the train details for which you want to modify the boarding station.
7) Select New Boarding Station from the drop-down menu under the Change Boarding Station section.
The revised rules for changing boarding point Online via IRCTC
- Passengers can change their boarding point four hours before departure time.
- Boarding point change request has to be placed via IRCTC or at boarding station or by dialling 139
- Contrary to the previous policy, now, the passenger will be allowed to travel from the old boarding location provided the berth is vacant.
- Passengers are allowed to change boarding point only once.
Key things to know about changing boarding station online:
1. A passenger who has booked online tickets via IRCTC can change his boarding station online 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, IRCTC says on its website.
2. The new feature is available to all passengers who have booked their train tickets online and not through travel agents or the Passenger Reservation System.
3. According to the IRCTC website, if a passenger changes the boarding point once, he will lose all rights to board the train from the original boarding point.
4. Boarding point change is allowed only once, says the IRCTC website.
5. If found travelling without required authority, the passenger will have to pay the fare with penalty between original boarding point and the revised boarding point.
Change Boarding Point Online From IRCTC
Alternatively, passengers can also dial 139 four hours before the preparation of the chart to request for passenger boarding point. As per a railway board directive to IRCTC circulated on March 15, 2019, even after the boarding station is changed, the passenger will be permitted to travel from the old boarding station without having to pay additional fare only if the seat has not been given to another passenger.