Elara App Issues and How to Fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown – In this article, learn how to fix “Elara App is preventing you from Shutdown/Restarting/Sign Out” in Windows 10 PC laptop or netbook. Many has been saying that this error is a malware and it is due to virus or malware. Below we have provided many steps of How to Fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown.
But the Elara App Error Code is not at all due to virus but due to adware with similar. Here’s How to Fix Discord Push to Talk Not Working Error
the Elara App Error Code will occur in Laptop or Notebook which has got the Windows 10 OS. So if you searching to solve this issue then let us know wat exactly the Elara App Error Code is about. This is an temporary issues which can be seen in Windows 10 user due to driver becoming slower or unresponsive. Here’s How to Fix the file is too large for the destination file system Error
What is Elara App/ ApntEX.exe
Elara is the title for Apntex.exe that is an app to control your touchpad (so you will have this issue only on notebook). Here’s How to Fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows
After using laptop/notebook for a long time and trying to shutdown, restart, or sign out from it, you may get “This Elara App is preventing you from Restarting…” problem. This is due to your Touchpad driver randomly becomes unresponsive or slower. Here’s How to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem
This process is part of the device driver package for certain brands of touchpads manufactured by Alps. Since touchpads are normally found on laptops, the process will generally be preinstalled along with the system hardware and software. Terminating this process may lead to errors when using your laptop touchpad for navigation. Here’s How to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error
ApntEx.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file ApntEx.exe is found in a subdirectory of “C:\Program Files” or sometimes in a subdirectory of “C:\Program Files\Public Documents” (as a rule C:\Program Files\Apoint\).
Common Errors of Elara App
- Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down.
- Elara App is Preventing Windows from Restarting.
- Elara App is Preventing Windows from Signing Out.
What makes this error more confusing is that none of the users have installed any application named “Elara App” on their notebook or laptop and hence is confused on what the error is and how to fix the error. Here’s How to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error.
Reason for Elara App Error
- malware or virus infection in the application
- Any Infected Software
- Touchpad Driver is Outdated.
- any third-party touchpad drivers that might be installed on your laptop or notebook.
How to Fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown/Restart
Below are some methods to Fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown Error. You can try any of the methods to fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown starting from Method 1.
1. Reinstall Touch-Pad to Latest Version
As this is Touchpad Related Issue, first thing we need to try is to update or reinstall Touch Pad to latest Version. here is how you can fix the Elara App is preventing Windows from shutting down, by updating your touchpad:
- First You need to Open Control Panel in Your PC.
- select Programs and Features
- Next, locate the Touchpad driver/software and uninstall it.
- Find and download the latest version of Touchpad driver for your laptop.
- Then install it on your PC.
- Restart your system.
After you have reinstalled the Touchpad your issue of Elara App is Preventing Shutdown may have fixed. If nor Follow Below Method.
2. Update your touchpad device drivers:
Many a times your Touchpad Diver is outdated so you need to Update your Touchpad Device Driver to Latest Version. Follow Below Steps to Update.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run command.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK. Then Device Manager will open.
3) A new window will now appear and from this new window, find the “Mice and Other Pointing Devices” option and expand this option.
4) you will find an option named “Alps Pointing-Device“. Click on the Right-Mouse-Button while on this option and then select the “Update Driver” option from the drop-down menu that appears.
5) Now it will Update the Driver. Once the Updating is Complete reboot your Laptop and check your Elara App is Preventing Shutdown error has been resolved or not. If still you are facing Any error then try below Method.
3. Using Registry Editor
- Press Windows Key + R then type regedit in Run dialog box and click OK. This will open Registry Editor.
- In the left pane of Registry Editor window, go to the following path:
- From the right pane of above shown window, you right click and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Make sure that you do name your new key called AutoEndTasks and set the value to 1. Click OK.
- You can now exit the Registry Editor and restart your system to make changes effective.
4. Check for Windows Update
If above all methods for Elara App is Preventing Shutdown error are not working for you then you need to check for Windows Updates.
- Launch the Settings application in your Windows 10 notebook or laptop.
- Go to Update & Security then click Check for updates.
- If you found new update available for Windows 10, just install it.
In case there is, then install those updates (installing all the latest updates are recommended) and then restart your laptop or notebook.
5. Uninstall third-party touchpad driver
There may be any third part touchpad DriVER IN YOUR Laptop which may causing issue of Elara App is Preventing Shutdown Error. Windows 10 has an inbuilt touchpad driver which is sufficient enough for the functioning of the touchpad of your notebook or laptop.
So if none of the above methods are working, do try uninstalling any third-party touchpad drivers that may be installed on your Windows 10 laptop or notebook.
6. Do a System Restore.
You can restore your windows to previously working Time. Every system generates a system restore Points so if your System Protection is turned on, Windows will create a restore point before you install the driver. Then you can follow these steps to restore the driver to earlier version to fix this issue.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke a run box.
2) Type rstrui.exe and click OK. The System Restore Window will open.
3) Click Next then you may see the following screen. Select a restore point that was created before the error occurred. Click Next to continue and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore.
Reboot your PC and check to see if the Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem is resolved.
So these are the steps to fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown. Hope you have got your issue fixed. If you are facing any issues in any of the steps comment below and we will try to resolve your queries.