Incredible Facts About Virat Kohli
A typical modern-day cricketer, Virat Kohli plays his game aggressively, bares his emotions loudly in public, yet retains the element of maturity that forms an integral part of every good and great player. Anil Kumble said he had thought hard before calling Kohli the best under-22 player in international cricket – that would rate as perhaps the best compliments he has received. It is also proof of Kohli’s transformation as a player. Below Are some cool Facts about Virat Kohli.
Incredible Facts about Virat Kohli
1. In 2006, during his debut Ranji season, Kohli decided to play the match against Karnataka despite his father’s death the same day. Kohli went on to score a crucial 90 for his team.
3. His pet name in the dressing room is “Chiku”.
4. In 2012, Virat Kohli was included in the list of top 10 “well dressed international men”.
5. Like a true-born leader, Kohli led India to victory at the Under-19 World Cup 2008, held in Malaysia. He has been the deputy to MS Dhoni since a while now. Kohli is also the captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore.
6. Virat Kohli is one of the few Indian cricketers to have a tattoo. Virat dons a Golden Dragon on his forearm, apparently for good luck.
7. Kohli is the first Indian to score a century on World Cup debut.
8. Virat Kohli has the record of the fastest ODI century for India to his name. He scored a blistering 100 from just 52 balls helping India ruthlessly chase a mammoth 360 – the second highest chase in ODI history –against Australia in 2013.
9. West Indies’great Sir Vivian Richards, regarded as the most destructive batsmen in the history of cricket, once stated that Kohli reminded him of himself!