Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi note 4 -If you want your Redmi Note to get Android O Latest Features also If you want to experience Android 8.0 Oreo on your Redmi Note 4 device, LineageOS 15.0 has now arrived via an unofficial build. However, if you were waiting for the official LineageOS 15.0, it might take quite sometime to release. “You can download the unofficial build and use it as your daily driver as it does not face any stability issues and most of the bugs have already been fixed.” as reported by Developers. here’s How to check if your Device will get Android Oreo or Not
Prerequisties to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi note 4
1. Redmi Note 4 with unlocked Bootloader, TWRP Recovery and rooted.
2. Backup System, data (Contacts, Images, messages and everything) and current ROM. You can use FlashFire App to perform this backup directly into your PC/Laptop without wasting your Internal storage.
3. Charge your device upto 60% to avoid any shutdown or low battery warnings while flashing the ROM.
4. This ROM is for Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon variant (mido) only! Don’t try it on Mediatek variant, as it would result in some serious issue.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi note 4
If you can’t wait for the irresistible features offered by Android 8.0 Oreo, you can click on the link below to download the unofficial build of LineageOS 15.0 ROM for your Redmi Note 4. Remember to install TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 4 to be able to flash the custom ROM. Here’s How to Install Android 8.0 on Android Device
1. First of all Download LineageOS 15.0 ROM for Redmi Note 4
2. Now rename the rom to update.zip
3. Now turn off your redmi note 4
4. Now boot in TWRP recovery mode
5. Now you will see many options on the screen
6. Now first of all tap on Wipe
7. Now choose Wipe Dalvik cache
8. Now tap on Wipe Cache partition
9. Once the wipe process is completed, Go to Install > Locate and select the downloaded Lineage OS 15 file and confirm flashing.
10. Now tap on Install and Now choose update.zip file
11. Now wait for the installation to get completed
12. Now tap on Reboot. After booting, you will get Bluetooth stopped working warning, after few times, you would be able to disable the warning.
So these are the steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi note 4. This being a Alpha build, we don’t recommend flashing it, if Redmi Note 4 is your primary device. While there’s still time for a stable build, you can expect some fixes for the bugs in this ROM very soon.