How to Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online – Recently government made it mandatory with a new amendment to the tax proposals in the Finance Bill for 2017-18. The new rule says anyone who has a PAN card must provide their Aadhaar number to the principal director general of income tax (systems) or DGIT (systems). so below is How to Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online. Last date is 31st March 2018 to Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online. Here’s How you can Aadhar Card Link with Mobile Number using OTP
The notification announcing the extension comes a day after the Union government told the Supreme Court that it was willing to extend all deadlines to March 31, 2018. Attorney General K K Venugopal told a bench of Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Justices A M Khanwilkar and D Y Chandrachud that the government will come out with a notification to this effect on December 8. Here’s how you can Aadhar card link to Sbi Bank Account online and Offline
Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online
The Finance Ministry notification announcing the extension comes a day after the Union government told the Supreme Court that it was willing to extend all deadlines to March 31, 2018.
If you want to link the two but are not sure how to do it, you can use the e-facility launched by the Income Tax department, which is the easiest way to link the two. In fact, you don’t even need to sign in to the IT website to link your Aadhaar number and PAN card.
How to Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online
As per a Supreme Court judgement passed on 9 June 2017, if you have Aadhaar, it is mandatory to link it to PAN and mention the same in your tax returns. However, if you don’t have Aadhaar, you can e-file tax returns without the same for FY2016-17.
Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online – Method 1
1. go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link on the left pane – Link Aadhaar
2. Provide PAN, Aadhaar no. and ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) and submit.
- After verification from UIDAI which is the government website for Aadhaar, the linking will be confirmed.
In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar name provided, Aadhaar OTP will be required. Please ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly same.
In a rare case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, then the linking will fail and taxpayer will be prompted to change the name in either Aadhaar or in PAN database.
Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online – Method 2
1. First register yourself at the income tax e filing portal, if you are not already registered.https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
2. Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the log-in ID, password and date of birth
3. On logging in to the site, a pop up window will appear prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card. If you don’t see the popup, go to blue tab on the top bar named ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
4. Details such as name, date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal. Verify the details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
5. If the details match, enter your Aadhaar card number and captcha code and click on the “Link now” button.
6. A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
Now you can link your Aadhaar and PAN through SMS also. The Income Tax Department has urged taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with their PAN, using an SMS-based facility.It can be done by sending an SMS to either 567678 or 56161.
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in following format:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123456789123 AKPLM2124M
People can also visit the official e-filing website of the department to link the two identities, in both the cases– identical names in the two databases or in case where there is a minor mismatch.
It has come to notice that some of the taxpayers have not yet completed the linking of PAN with Aadhaar. Therefore, to facilitate the process of linking, it has been decided to further extend the time for linking of Aadhaar with PAN till 31.03.2018.”
SO Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online today using above mentioned methods to Link Aadhaar With PAN Card Online. If you are facing any issue in any step do comment below and we will try to resolve your query.