Some mind-blowing facts & trivia about Bollywood– Bollywood- That’s one word for a multi-million dollar business that rules our hearts. Rarely do we know what goes on behind the camera, and what it takes to make a film- it’s so much more than blood, sweat, and tears. It’s an art.
Here are a few facts about Bollywood you probably didn’t know.
10. Indian films are screened in over 90 countries
And North America generates 25% of Bollywood’s overseas box office revenue.
11. K Asif only directed two films in his life, the second being Mughal-e-Azam
The third, Love And God, was left unfinished when he died at age of 48.
12. Sridevi played Rajnikanth’s stepmother in a film when she was 13 years old
She played the character in a Tamil film called ‘Moondru Mudichu’.
13. Ghajini was the first film to have crossed 100 crores in the Box Office
And 3 Idiots was the first film to cross 200 crores in the domestic domain.
14. Kalki Koechlin’s great-grandfather was the chief engineer for the construction of the Eiffel Tower
His name was Maurice Koechlin, and he was also in charge for the construction of the Statue of Liberty.
15. Raj Kapoor was a figure of optimism in Russia
During the second world war, Russia was in a terrible state- people dead, starvation was on the rise and the whole country was devastated. When the Russian people saw greater hardships being faced by the poor in a country after watching Awaara, with a smile, it gave them optimism. And hence, he became the face of optimism in Russia.