How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages : To restore your backup: Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp. Open WhatsApp and verify your number. When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive. After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. for more methods to recover deleted WhatsApp messages read below.
Now almost everyone use whatsapp, from a 10 Year old to 70 year old. So you need to know Whatsapp Tricks and Tips. Many a times due to mistake whatsapp messages got deleted and if you want to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages then follow below methods. You can Also Check out how to Hack Whatsapp
Update on 16th April 2018 – WhatsApp for Android will let users re-download old media messages, including videos and images that might have been deleted from the user’s mobile storage.
The feature will allow download of images, videos, voice messages, etc which were sent more as long as three months back. The only condition is that the message, which had the media attachment should not have been deleted by the sender, otherwise the download will not possible.
- It should also be noted that if the user deletes the older message, then the image cannot be re-downloaded.
- If the message is still in the chat and not more than three months old, then the user will be able to successfully download it again.
- Another key point to keep in mind is that media files are end-to-end encrypted on WhatsApp, even if the company is keeping them on its servers.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages
WhatsApp doesn’t store your chat history on its servers because it wants to keep your chats private, but that doesn’t mean you can’t recover a message or messages you’ve accidentally deleted. With very few exceptions – such as the Nokia S40, a fairly old phone with Nokia’s own OS – the WhatsApp app on your phone makes regular backups, and restoring from those backups couldn’t be simpler.
This Post Also Contains Below Topics on recover deleted WhatsApp messages
- How can I retrieve deleted WhatsApp chat history iPhone?
- Can WhatsApp messages be traced after deleted by police?
- How can I see my WhatsApp deleted messages?
- How do you recover deleted text messages?
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages
On Android, WhatsApp automatically backs up your message history every night – at 3AM – and stores that backup in the WhatsApp folder of your Android phone. Depending on your device and its settings, that folder could be in the phone’s internal storage or it could be on the external SD card. It might even be backed up to Google Drive.
There are two ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. The first will restore your most recent backup, and the second is for recovering older messages.
To restore your most recent backup:
- Goto Setting and clear data of Whatsapp
- Again enter your Same Number and signup.
- you Will see option to Restore
- Click Restore when prompted to restore your chat history
- Wait a few seconds
- That’s it
We told you it was easy. However, there are a few important provisos here. One, your phone number can’t be different from when you backed up your chat. Two, your backup can’t be ancient. And three, if you’ve deleted the backups, then you’re stuffed.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages by restoring older backups
By older we mean days, not months: WhatsApp only makes backups of the last seven days. Anything older is lost in the mists of time, and anything sent or received since the backup was made won’t be included either: restoring from the backup is a full restore and overwrites whatever is currently in the app.
To continue, you’ll need a file manager app that you can use to find and rename files.
First of all, create a manual backup to preserve your recent chats. You can do that in the app’s menu button, go to Settings > Chats and Calls > Back up Chats (or Chat Backup, depending on which version you have).
To restore a less recent local backup
Your phone will store up to the last 7 days worth of local backup files (Google Drive will only have the most recent). If you wish to restore a local backup which is not the most recent, you will need to do the following:
- Download a file manager. Here are some choices: File Managers and Explorers.
- In the File Manager, navigate to
sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases. If your data is not stored on the SD card, you may see internal storage or main storage instead of sdcard.
- Rename the backup file you wish to restore from
msgstore.db.crypt12. It is possible that your earlier backup may have been on an earlier protocol, such as crypt9 or crypt10. Do not change the number of the crypt extension.
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Install WhatsApp.
- Tap Restore when asked.
Also Check:11 easy ways to dramatically reduce your mobile data usage on Android
Also Check: Find Your Lost Android Phone Even When It’s On Silent Mode
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages using Google Drive
If you’ve backed up your chats to Google Drive (which you can do in Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup) then you can restore from that. Make sure you use the same Google Account to backup and restore the chats or the restore process won’t work.
How to back up to Google Drive
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Tap on Back up to Google Drive and set up the backup frequency to your liking, or tapBack Up to do an immediate backup.
- You will be prompted to select a Google account that you will back up your chat history to. If you do not have a Google account, tap Add account when prompted. Please remember the Google account you are using for the backup.
- Tap on Back up over to choose the network you wish to use for backup. Please note that backing up over cellular may result in additional data charges.
Important notes about Google Drive
- The first complete backup may take a while. Please leave your phone connected to a power source.
- You can change your chat backup frequency, the account you back up to and which connection to use for backup at any time in Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Every time you run a Google Drive backup on a Google account, the previous Google Drive backup will be overwritten. There is no way to restore an older Google Drive backup.
If you are unable to restore a Google Drive backup, please try the following:
- Verify that you are attempting to restore data from the same phone number and Google account that the backup was created on.
- Verify that there is enough space on your phone to restore the backup.
- Verify that you have Google Play services installed in your phone. Note: Google Play services is only available on Android 2.3.4 and higher.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged or your phone is plugged in to a power source.
- Make sure your phone is connected to a strong and stable network. If restoring using cellular network does not work, please try Wi-Fi.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone and iPad
Is there a difference between recovering WhatsApp messages on Android and on an iPhone or iPad? They’re both relatively straightforward, actually. If you’re an Android user who also has an Apple device, then you might want to know how recovering deleted WhatsApp messages works for iOS.
Once you’ve enabled iCloud Backup in the WhatsApp settings, you can restore your chats by going into WhatsApp Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup. Provided a backup is visible, delete and reinstall the app and you’ll then be prompted to restore your chat history. It’s the same, in principle, to how it works on Android.
So these are some methods to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. If you are facing any issues to recover deleted WhatsApp messages then comment below, we will try to resolve your problem.
13 thoughts on “How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages [Easiest Method]”
How to get deleted pics on android phone….mobile format ker diya hai …koi trick h kya
I stop to getting broadcast massage on what’s app plz add me in your broadcast..
Pingback: Whatsapp Groups Link Collection (More than 800 Groups) - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Truecaller unlist - How to Remove Number From Truecaller - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Whatsapp Group Links to Join - Daily Updated - YTricks
Pingback: How to backup iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Dual Whatsapp - Run Two Whatsapp in Android Phone - Tricks By STG
Pingback: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free - A Reliable Tool to Recovery Lost Data - Tricks By STG
Pingback: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free: A Closer Look - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Best App to Record Android Screen without Root - Tricks By STG
Pingback: (New) Latest Whatsapp Groups Link Collection (Feb 2019) - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Truecaller unlist - How to Remove Number From Truecaller - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Backup Your Windows Data with the Simplest PC Software AOMEI Backupper - Tricks By STG