Whatsapp Payments Feature – In this post you will find Whatsapp Payments feature details and how to setup whatsapp Payments Feature and then how to send Money through Whatsapp. WhatsApp Payments feature, which is based on India’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI), is now live on iOS and Android. WhatsApp Payments feature will let users send and receive money directly via the app.
The long-awaited Whatsapp Payments feature will let users send and receive money directly via WhatsApp messenger. However, it does not look like the Whatsapp Payments service will support merchant payments. The peer-to-peer UPI Whatsapp Payments feature has been rolled for Android and iOS versions of the app. Previously whatsapp have announced another app for Business owners named Whatsapp Business App.
Setup and send Money through Whatsapp
The beauty of UPI-based WhatsApp Payments service is that the money is directly credited into the recipient’s bank account. And as you will be sending money to WhatsApp user who have linked their phone number with the bank account and UPI, there is no need to enter the VPA (Virtual Payments Address) or bank account number or IFSC code. Let’s take a quick look at how to setup WhatsApp Payments and send money to your friends.
Payments on WhatsApp will appear in settings. It will rely on India’s UPI to allow for direct bank transfers. WhatsApp appears to have partnered with ICICI Bank for facilitating UPI payments. previously Google also introduced UPI payment feature from its Tez app. you can use tez app referral code to get Free Rs 51 for Free.
How to Setup Whatsapp Payments Features
The process of linking your bank account with your WhatsApp account is very simple. UPI works by checking the mobile number with which your bank account is linked. So make sure the mobile phone has the SIM for the same mobile number. This mobile number should be the same for your WhatsApp account as well. follow below to setup whatsapp payments Feature.
1) Open WhatsApp App, tap on three dots on the top right corner and tap on settings.
2) You will see a new option called ‘Payments’ just below notifications, tap on that.
3) On the next screen, tap on ‘accept and continue’ which will then ask you to verify your number using SMS, just tap on that and allow the app to send an SMS.
4) Once verified, you will see the list of banks.
5) Select your bank and the app will fetch details and show your bank account number. Tap on that and if everything goes right, you’ll see the message saying setup complete.
6) Now you know how to setup whatsapp Payments Features. Follow below steps to send money through Whatsapp.
How to send Money through Whatsapp
Now to send money, go to a chat with any person, even in a group chat. Tap on the + symbol for attachments and you will see Payments. If the other person has Payments enabled, the feature will work. In a group chat users can choose an individual member of the group to whom they wish to send the money. here’s How to Share Live Location in Whatsapp
If the other user does not have WhatsApp Payments, the app will alert you of the same. The other user will need to activate Payments as well to send Money through Whatsapp. follow below steps to send Money Through Whatsapp.
1) First Select the friend you want to send Money Through whatsapp
2) Open Chat with him and make sure your friend also have setup whatsapp payments Feature.
3) Now Tap on the attachment icon and you will send Payment Option like Below.
4) Click on Payment Option and send Money through Whatsapp. If you friend have not setup whatsapp payments Feature then he must setup whatsapp payments Feature to send money through Whatsapp.
5) Follow below steps to invite friend to setup whatsapp payments Feature.
How to invite your friends to WhatsApp Payments
To be able to send money to your WhatsApp friend, he or she needs to have the latest update. The recipients also need to have their bank account and phone number linked with a UPI account to be able to send and receive money. If these conditions are met, you can go ahead to send money.
Once you attempt a transaction to a contact on your WhatsApp list, she/he would get the feature enabled if they didn’t have it yet. They only need to be on the latest update.
Video Tutorial for Whatsapp Payment Feature
How to change or delete bank account in WhatsApp Payments
If you want to change or delete bank account in whatsapp Payments then follow below steps
- Select your bank account, and it will fetch details and add the account.
- You now set it up as the primary bank account to accept and send money, or you can remove it from here.
- Say you have added HDFC (default) and ICICI bank account, and you want to change your default bank account to ICICI bank.
- head over to payments, tap on ICICI bank and tap on save as primary bank account.
With the new payments feature, WhatsApp is expanding its services from being a simple messaging platforms to a payments service provider. This will challenge e-wallet platforms like Paytm and Mobikwik if more and more users find it more convenient to send/receive money from within WhatsApp rather than doing it through a third-party app.
So these are Whatsapp Payments feature details and how to setup whatsapp Payments Feature and then how to send Money through Whatsapp. WhatsApp Payments feature, which is based on India’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI), if you are facing any issue comment below and we will try to resolve your query.