How to do Whatsapp Group Video Call – You can make a whatsapp group Video call with up to four people total – anytime and anywhere. Just start a one-on-one voice or video call and tap the new “add participant” button in the top right corner to add more contacts to the call. We have added all steps of How to do Whatsapp Group Video Call.
Whatsapp Group video calls are always end-to-end encrypted, and we’ve designed calling to work reliably around the world in different network conditions. The feature is currently rolling out on the iPhone and Android versions of our app.
Whatsapp Group Video Calling Feature is Now Live
WhatsApp teased that its messaging app would add a long-awaited group video calling feature several weeks ago, and it’s finally here. Both Android and iOS users can now hold audio and video conversations with up to four people. You’ll have to start a one-on-one call before you can add the other two people, but it’s otherwise straightforward. WhatsApp reiterated that calls are “end-to-end encrypted” like its other chats, and promised that they should work in less-than-stellar network conditions.
The addition gives WhatsApp an answer to rivals that have had the option for a while, like Skype. And it’s arguably overdue. Over 1.5 billion people use WhatsApp every month, with some of them relying on it as their primary means of phone-based communication. This opens the door to group video calls for a significant chunk of that group, many of whom might have trouble convincing friends to switch apps just for the sake of a face-to-face conversation.
How to do Whatsapp Group Video Call
Video calls have been supported by WhatsApp since 2016, but until now they were limited to two participants. The app is now starting to add group video calling to its iOS and Android app and it supports up to four people. Follow below steps for How to do Whatsapp Group Video Call.
2) In order to start a whatsapp group video call, start a video or voice call with one of the contacts.
3) Following this, you will see a button at the top-right corner of the screen that will let you add another participant to the call.
4) Once the call gets connected, an Add Person icon is shown on the top right, above the names of the recipient.
5) Next, if the third user accepts the call, both the names will be shown with a comma separating them.
6) You will be able to add up to three participants for a total of four people in a video or voice call.
7) Do note that you need to download the latest version of the WhatsApp app.
In comparison, Facebook Messenger supports group video calls of up to 50 and Skype supports 25. Meanwhile, Snapchat supports 16 participants and Apple’s FaceTime will work with up to 32 people when iOS 12 launches later this year.
Hope you liked this Whatsapp Group Video Calling Feature, If you are facing any issues in steps of How to do Whatsapp Group Video Call, comment below and we will try to resolve your query.