Interesting facts About LIC
LIC was founded in 1956 with the merger of 245 insurance companies and provident societies(154 life insurance companies,16 foreign companies & 75 provident companies).
The Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act on 1956-06-19, and the Life Insurance Corporation of India was created on 1956-09-01.
The slogan of LIC is “Yogakshemam Vahamyaham” which translates from Sanskrit to “Your welfare is our responsibility“. The slogan is derived from the Ancient Hindu text, the Bhagavad Gita.
1) LIC is the oldest, largest and most profitable life insurance company in India
2) LIC building was the tallest building in India when it was inaugurated in 1959
3) If LIC was a country then it would be the 5th largest country in the world by population
4) LIC has been present in the life insurance sector for 59 years, that’s almost 6 decades.
5) “Mujhse sirf pata hain ki mere paas koi LIC insurance hai” – common man’s conviction, if it’s insurance, it has to be LIC!
6) “Yogakshemam Vahamyaham”, the slogan of LIC is derived from Bhagavad Gita, which means “Your welfare is our responsibility”.
7) Before entering movies, famous actors Abhishek Bachchan and Amrish Puri were LIC Agents
8) Bollywood living legend Amitabh Bachchan and LIC came together to initiate Urja Event to tap solar energy to light up unelectrified homes.
9) LIC has global operations spanning 7 countries namely – Fiji and London, Sri lanka, Nepal, Bahrain & Saudi Arabia.
10) LIC has contributed around 5 crores in Nation Building Activities