Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem – If you are Pro Gamer then you may have faced Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem. So in this post we will provide you some ways to fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem. In Many Cases Nvidia Control Panel disappeared in Windows 10 so we have listed methods to fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem.
A lot of NVIDIA graphics card users have made reports on the Control Panel not opening. This issue has spanned across several Windows versions from Windows 7 to 10. All attempts to open the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Start menu proves futile. We have discussed may methods to fix this. Just Scroll down if you directly want steps to fix Control Panel Missing Problem.
Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem
The Control Panel for Nvidia disappeared after the update. Drivers functioned and were up to date, but the Nvidia Control Panel (activated by right clicking on the desktop) was gone. In this case, when you click the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows 10 Control Panel, the notice box will pop up and show you the error message:
make sure that you have the most recent driver installed and have access to the NVIDIA Control Panel. The above error may be due to below
- Previously installed drivers removed
- NVIDIA control panel options reverted to defaults
- SLI setting disabled
How to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem
You may face missing Nvidia Control Panel issue after you have updated your windows or there are many other reasons for missing Nvidia Control Panel. Below we have suggested some solution for the issue of Nvidia Control Panel missing problem.
1. Check in Control Panel for Hidden Nvidia Control Panel
Many a times you are unable to find Nvidia Control Panel. To find Nvidia Control Panel just Open Control Panel in your Computer and search for Nvidia Control Panel. You can follow below steps also to unhide Nvidia Control Panel.
Note that if you are using MS update video drivers there probably won’t be an NVidia control panel installed with it. You’d need to download and install the appropriate drivers from NVidia, or your computer manufacturer if they supply Windows 10 drivers for the video card.
- Open Control panel in your PC. Just Goto Search open and search control panel or you can directly press WIN+R and Type control to open Control Panel
2. In Control Panel, under View by, select Large icons. When you go to Control Panel, select icons instead of category view.
- Open Large Icons are displayed, just see if there is Nvidia Control Panel like below picture.
- Now in Nvidia Control Panel click on it and select Desktop and then Select Tick mark on Add Desktop context Menu.
- Now check if your NVIDIA control panel reappears in the desktop context menu.
Hope this will fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem. If not then follow below Method.
2. Delete Nvidia and Install Again
You can fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem by deleting Nvidia and installing again. Follow below steps to fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem and see if this works. Keep in mind that always back up your drivers and with Driver Talent in case of driver crashes.
- 1- boot in safe mode
- 2- delete the Nvidia folder in C:
- 3- uninstall the GTX 770 driver via Device Manager
- 4- reboot in normal mode
- 5- Go to http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/74636/en-us
- 6- run setup.exe file
- 7- choose custom installation and click next
- 8- check all the boxes in the custom install options windows and also check the box which states “perform clean install”
- 9- restart your computer
3. Update graphics driver of your PC
There may be a reason that your Graphic driver is outdated and this may causing missing issue in Nvidia Control Panel. Many a times NVIDIA Control Panel disappears because you are using the wrong graphics driver or it is out of date. It is necessary to keep your NVIDIA Graphics drivers up-to-date. Updated graphics driver can boot PC performance a lot.
Follow Below Steps to update Graphics Driver of your PC
1. Open the DirectX Diagnostic tool. This is the quickest way to find your exact graphics card model.
- Just Press WIN+R and Type dxdiag to open DirectX Diagnostic tool.
3. Click the Display tab. Look at the “Chip Type” entry. This is your graphics card model.
Click the System tab.
- Look at the “Operating System” entry to see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
5. Visit the Nvidia GeForce website. You can download the latest drivers from the GeForce website (geforce.com).
6. Click the “Drivers” tab. Most Nvidia cards are “GeForce” cards. Visit the nvidia.com website instead if your card is from another line.
7. Select your graphics card. There are three ways that you can select your drivers:
- Automatic Driver Updates – Use the Nvidia GeForce Experience program to manage driver updates. Click here for more details.
- Manual Driver Search – Use the information from Step 1 to select the correct driver. The four most recent drivers will be shown.
- Auto-Detect Your GPU – The Nvidia website will use a Java applet to detect your graphics card and display the correct drivers. You will need Java installed to run it. The current applet is out of date, which may cause problems with some browsers. You’ll have an easier time using one of the other two methods in this step.
8. Download the latest drivers. Click the link to download the latest version of the driver. You should always download the latest version unless you specifically need an older one. The latest version will often give the best performance.
9. Run the downloaded installer to update your drivers. The installer will automatically remove the old drivers and install the updated ones.
- Most users can choose the “Express” option during installation.
- Your screen may flicker or go black for a short time during installation.
10. After doing above steps hope your Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem may have resolved. if not follow below method
4. Do a System Restore
You can restore your windows to previously working Time. Every system generates a system restore Points so if your System Protection is turned on, Windows will create a restore point before you install the driver. Then you can follow these steps to restore the driver to earlier version to fix this issue.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke a run box.
2) Type rstrui.exe and click OK. The System Restore Window will open.
3) Click Next then you may see the following screen. Select a restore point that was created before the error occurred. Click Next to continue and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore.
4) Reboot your PC and check to see if the Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem is resolved.
5. Modify the NVIDIA-related Services in Windows 10
Modify the NVIDIA-related Services to Fix the NVIDIA Display Settings Not Available Issue. Follow below steps to do so.
- 1. Win + R to launch the Run.
- 2. Type into services.msc.
- 3. Hit the Enter.
- 4. Scroll down and navigate the NVIDIA Driver Helper Service and NVIDIA Update Service Daemon.
- 5. Double-click the services to open the Properties.
- 6. Select the Manual from the drop-down menu of the Startup type.
- 7. Click the Start button below.
- 8. Click the Apply and the OK button
Now go to the Control Panel and click the NVIDIA Control Panel to see if you could get access to the display settings this time.
6. Reinstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver
You can go to the NVIDIA official site and download the proper version of the display driver. Then go to the Device Manager to uninstall and reinstall the video driver update. follow below steps to fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem by reinstalling Nvidia Graphics Driver.
- Use Windows shortcut keys Win + X.
- Select the Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapter entry.
- Right-click the NVIDIA device and select the Uninstall device.
- Check the Delete the driver software for this device.
- Click the Uninstall.
- After that, go to the Action menu for Scan for hardware changes.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and install the driver you’ve downloaded.
7. Modify Registry Subkeys and Values
According to some Windows users, the missing registry subkeys and values could also result in the Nvidia Control Panel missing issue from the context menu. You could use a .reg file to modify it. Follow these steps:
Step 1. Create a blank document using a text editor such as Notepad, and paste the following into the text file and save it with the .regextension:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“FullPath”=”C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvGFTrayPlugin.dll”
Step 2. Double-click the .reg file (select Yes if prompted) to run it and all the necessary keys and values will be added.
Step 3. Reboot your PC.
How does NVIDIA Update work?
Once installed on your PC, NVIDIA Update scans your hardware configuration and your current driver version to determine the appropriate driver for your NVIDIA GPUs. This information is sent to NVIDIA and matched to our driver database to check for updates.
You can configure how often you want NVIDIA to check for updates. You can also configure whether or not you want notifications for beta drivers and configure whether or not you want system tray balloon notifications.
So these are some methods to fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem. Hope any of these methods will work for you. If you are facing any issues related to these steps then comment below and we will try to fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem for you.