You can find best method to Hide Files in windows without any software. Sometimes you may want to hide a file or folder from others. There are many software solutions out there for this purpose, but there is no need to give away money just for hiding your data from your little brother or sister. With this method windows explorer search will not detect the file.
Previously we have also posted about how you can hide any folder in Android without any App, same way in this post we will guide you to hide Files in windows any software.
Step to Hide Files in windows
1. Just go to the folder or file from your windows explorer,which you want to hide.
3. Open command prompt from run (start -> run)
4. Type attrib +s +h “XX”.Hit the Enter . XX is your file or folder address, which can be done just by right-click and select Paste on that place.
5. Follow below procedure to show the Unhide Files or folder.
6. Go to the Command Prompt .
7. Type attrib -s -h “XX”. Hit the Enter. XX is your file or folder address.
If you forgot the name of the file or folder, then don’t worry. Just follow these steps to know the file or folder name.
- Go to the Command Prompt .
- Type the local drive name like c or d in which you have hidden file or folder followed by : and hit the Enter.
- Type dir/a and hit Enter.
- Now you can see your file or folder name from the list
This is Simplest method to Hide Files in windows, hope you have liked this Trick to Hide Files in windows, if you have any Problem Regarding this feel free to ask in Comments.