If you don’t know How Much Data Does Spotify Use then in this post you will know all details about Data usage in Spotify. Spotify is without a doubt, one of the most popular music streaming services available today and has over a whopping 100 million users.
When it comes to data usage, highest quality streaming of music at 320 Kbps on Spotify will have you consuming 2.40MB of data per minute which is a grand total of 115.2MB per hour. So below is more details on How Much Data Does Spotify Use. you can download Spotify Premium Apk or Download Spotify Lite App from Google Play Store to Get Spotify Premium For Free.
How Much Data Does Spotify Use
So how much data does music streaming use? It actually depends on the quality you are listening at and also the service you are using. We’ve broken down a few options for you.
How to Check How Much Data Does Spotify Use
there are different quality settings on Spotify, and the amount of data used depends on the quality of the song. A listener can see what their Spotify music quality is set at by tapping Your Library, then Settings, and then Music Quality.
There is normal quality, which streams songs at about 96 kilobits per second (kbps). High quality streams at about 160 kbps and extreme quality streams at about 302 kbps. By default, Spotify is set to automatic quality, where it sets a quality based on the listener’s connection. Automatic quality is always at least 96 kbps. Below is Details on How Much Data Does Spotify Use if you are playing music.
Spotify has several audio quality settings:
- Normal quality- approximately 96 kbps
- High quality- approximately 160 kpbs
- Extreme quality- approximately 302 kpbs
- Automatic quality- (Spotify’s auto-default setting) this option configures your streaming quality based on your connection, but has a minimum of 96 kbps
Spotify Data Usage
|Per song*||2MB||3.5 MB||7.5MB||2MB|
*Data usage is based on a 3 minute song.
However, these numbers aren’t set-in-stone. Spotify remembers songs you previously listened to, or caches them, so you won’t use as much data the next time you play them.
- Normal quality- 96 kilobits, which lets you stream 40 megabytes per hour
- High quality- 160 kilobits, which lets you stream 70 megabytes per hour
- Extreme quality- 302 kilobits, which lets you stream 150 megabytes per hour
- Automatic quality- this option configures your streaming quality based on your connection
This is the basic usage of your online music streaming, but along with this there are few more things which consume some data, like your search for any particular track or a playlist. Advertisements popups, both audio and visual (generally comes with Spotify Free Service). But they consume very less data comparatively.
To lower the amount of mobile data usage, consider downloading the media to your device via Wifi so you can stream directly from your device as opposed to utilizing your mobile data.
Tips to avoid More Data Consumption in Spotify
- Spotify Premium users can save data by downloading songs when connected to a Wi-Fi network, since they won’t need to use any data to play those songs going forward.
- Keeping data usage on Spotify to a minimum is easy with its quality settings. The listener simply needs to tap Your Library, Settings and Music Quality. Then, they can choose either automatic or normal.
- The listener can also opt to only download music through Wi-Fi networks by turning off the Download Using Cellular option. This option is available in the same area as the Music Quality controls.
- Another great way to save data and still listen to all your favorite songs is by listening in Offline Mode
- Disable Automatic Downloads :- This is only for the Apple Music Users, as when you buy any music from iTunes on one of your device, it will automatically gets downloaded in your connected mobiles and tablets, using your cellular data.
How to Reduce Music Quality in Spotify
Open the Spotify app on your phone, and tap the settings wheel in the top-right corner under Your Library.
- Scroll down to the Music Quality section.
- change your streaming settings by tapping on the quality option to the right.
- Select either Automatic or Normal
You can also save data by choosing to download your music only when connected to a WiFi network by turning off (toggling left) Download Using Cellular
- 1. Open Spotify >Tap Your Library > Tap Settings , Tap Music Quality
- 2. Select either Automatic or Normal
Streaming with automatic quality will do all the work for you. If you are on a tight plan, listening in normal quality is your best bet.
So now you know How Much Data Does Spotify Use. If you still don’t know How Much Data Does Spotify Use then comment below and we will try to resolve your query. Also use above tips to Reduce Music Quality in Spotify