Fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows – The error 0x8024a105 generally occurs while installing windows update or reinstalling/upgrading windows. If Windows Update fail to install, is not working, updates will not download or keep failing and giving error 0x8024a105 then we have mentioned many methods to fix 0x8024a105 error.
When you find 0x8024a105, you have far better find out a good way to diagnose it right away. Usually your computer will most likely get steady personal computer issues, such as Blue Screen, method collision or plan lock. In other words, it is important to diagnose 0x8024a105.
Causes of Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105
0x8024a105 might be the result of a number of aspects. It may be that the particular netfxocm.dll file in question is corrupted due to improper setting up a unique software. However, the most common cause of 0x8024a105 is spyware that has made its distance to the netfxocm.dll file thus corrupting it.
- Corrupt system files
- Virus or malware infection
- Outdated hardware drivers
- Software conflict
No matter what are the reasons, you can easily fix this error code without the need of any professional skills. Simply follow the below-given tricks and tips, all the given solutions are easy to apply and very effective. So we have mentioned more than 5 methods to Fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows. Try one by one to Fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows.
How to Fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows
Receiving error code 0x8024a105 when attempting update of Windows 10 using automatic update. This update has failed every day for the last two weeks. Tried shutting off antivirus and firewall, but has no effect.
Restarted the computer several times and still no success. then follow below steps to fix 0x8024a105 error in windows.
1. Fix 0x8024a105 using Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you find that you are facing any issues in running Windows Updates, including Service Pack, due to any reasons, you might want to check out this Automated Fix It Solution, Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft. In order to run update troubleshooter, go with the below given instructions:
- Go to the Windows setting. Search for the setting and select setting option. Or you can also open this by pressing Windows + I from keyboard.
- After it, go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Click on the Windows Update from the troubleshooter list.
- Now, you need to follow the onscreen commands.
After Windows Update Troubleshooter have finished your error 0x8024a105 may have resolved. If not then use below method.
2. Reset the Catroot2 folder
Catroot and catroot2 are Windows operating system folders that are required for the Windows Update process. When you run Windows Update, the catroot2 folder stores the signatures of the Windows Update package and helps in its installation. To reset the catroot2 folder do this:
1) Open an elevated Command Prompt, type the following command one after the other and hit Enter:
net stop cryptsvc
xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
2) Next, delete all the contents of the catroot2 folder.
3) Having done this, in the CMD windows, type the following and hit Enter:
net start cryptsvc
4) Your catroot folder will be reset, once you start Windows Update again. Hope This fixes 0x8024a105 Error in Windows. If not try Below method to fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows.
3. Flush the SoftwareDistribution folder
The Software Distribution folder in Windows operating system is a folder located in the Windows directory and used to temporarily store files which may be required to install Windows Update on your computer. It is thus required by Windows Update and maintained by WUAgent.
- To delete the contents of the Software Distribution folder, in Windows 10, from the WinX Menu, open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following one after the other and hit Enter:
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
- This will stop the Windows Update Service and the Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- Now browse to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete all the files and folders inside.
- You may press Ctrl+A to Select All and then click on Delete.
If the files are in use, and you are unable to delete some files, restart your device. After rebooting, run the above commands again. Now you will be able to delete the files from the mentioned Software Distribution folder.
After you have emptied this folder, you may restart your computer or you may type the following commands, one at a time in the CMD, and hit Enter to restart the Windows Update related Services.
net start wuauserv
net start bits
Now that folder has been flushed, it will now get populated afresh. now you need to rename software Distribution Folder, follow below steps to rename it.
Rename Software Distribution folder
If you wish to rename the Software Distribution folder, open an elevated command prompt windows, type the following commands one after the other, and hit Enter:
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
net start wuauserv
net start bits
Now the folders are renamed. Hope This fixes 0x8024a105 Error in Windows. If not try Below method to fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows.
4. Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, the third-party programs or services can cause various issues in Windows and as s result user encounter many problems. So, it is worth to perform a clean boot to resolve Windows 10 0x8024401c error. Here follow the below instruction to do clean boot:
- Hit Windows + R key > type “MSCONFIG”
- Click OK to open the system configuration utility
- And click on Services Tab
- Check the “Hide all Microsoft Services” checkbox.
- And on the appeared list click on Disable all > OK
After completing the whole process reboot the system and tries installing the update again. If not working then try Below method to fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows.
5. Reset Windows Update Agent
If you are facing problems while downloading or installing Windows Updates on Windows 10/8/7, you definitely want to run the Reset Windows Update Agent Tool from Microsoft. This Reset Windows Update Agent will reset & repair all WU related components & registry keys, detect corruptions, replace corrupted system files, fix corrupted system image, reset Winsock settings and so on. Follow the steps to reset windows update agent:
- Download the Reset Windows Update Agent Tool from Microsoft
- Then, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. You will see a message prompt.
- Now, to continue the process, type ‘Y’ and hit Enter
- And this will start checking the various Windows related issues and after completing the whole process check the error 0x8024a105 is fixed or not.
This tool will let you do the following:
- Scan all protected system file and replace the corrupted one’s (sfc /scannow)
- Scan, detect and repair corruptions in Windows system image
- Clean up superseded components
- Reset Windows Update components
- Change invalid values in Windows Registry
- Delete temporary files
Hope This fixes 0x8024a105 Error in Windows. If not try Below method to fix 0x8024a105 Error in Windows.
6. Uninstall and Update Drivers
Many a times Uninstalling the Driver which is causing the issue fixes 0x8024a105 Error. Go to Device Manager to check for the driver status. Uninstalling the faulty driver might fix the error. Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run command.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK. Then Device Manager will open.
3) In Device Manager, locate the faulty driver. If the driver is having problem, you’ll see a yellow mark next to the device name. Then right-click on the device name (For example, uninstall graphics card driver.) and select Uninstall.
4) Now Click on Uninstall and your driver will be uninstalled
5) Now Restart your PC and see if this fix for 0x8024a105 Error is resolved or not.
You can Manually Update your Driver or There are Many Softwares to do the Same. If you have less drivers in your PC then you can Update them Manually to Fix D0x8024a105 Error.
7. Change Windows Update Settings
- Press Windows button and choose Update and Security.
- Inside the Update settings again choose Advanced Options.
- Unmark the “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows” box.
- Restart the system to save the modifications.
- After it, open Windows Update Settings and click on the Check for Updates.
- Now, click check for Updates button more than a few times in order to install all available Windows Updates. After updating your system completely, you will get a notification “Your device is up to date.”
- At last, open Update settings again and choose Advanced Options.
So these are some methods to Fix 0x8024a105 Error. if you are facing any issues in any methods to Fix 0x8024a105 Error then comment below and we will try to resolve your queries.