Android Tips And Tricks :Today i am introducing a way to increase ram in Android Mobile phone using SD Card. Android which is the best mobile OS till now and already got a big mark with its feature and increasing number of smart phones based on Android. About 75% smart phone in the world are based on Android. And also there is increase of heavy application that require more Ram. So, either change the phone or use this method to increase RAM of Android phone.
There is large Android phone range from 4000 Rs to 40000 Rs. The difference in range is due to their hardware otherwise you can find a same Android version on a 4000 Rs mobile that a 40000 Rs Smart phone is using. This is because Google Android is Open source and is free.
How To Increase Ram In Android Mobile Phone using SD Card ?
Increasing ram does not mean that you are internally adding some hardware to your Android device. Its not possible for a normal man to alter the hardware of Android phone so as to increase its Ram. Its been risky and one need to be professional to change the hardware. And also manufacturer has some guidelines for this.
But don’t worry there is some simple way to increase ram in Android, you just need to follow the instruction. And you can easily increase your ram in maximum 10-15 minutes. Using this method or trick you can increase your ram upto 4 GB.
How To Increase Ram In Android Mobile Phone / Tablet
There are two methods by which you can boost or Increase RAM in Android Phone. First method needs some application, there are both Premium and Free Applications on Android Market or Play Store. You can download them and can easily increase ram of your Android Device.
Second Method is Manual Method, you need to do certain Task Manually to increase Ram in Android Phone.
Method 1: How to increase ram in Android Mobile using App
ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) (Premium App)
Ram Expander is an awesome app that will increase Ram of your Android Device by converting a Part of SD Card Memory into RAM. That is your SD Card will now be used as a Virtual Ram for your Android Device.
Free SD card memory as a RAM use (SWAP RAM / SWAP MEMORY)
– Swapfile RAM expansion up to 4.0 GB (file system limit)
– No limit on SWAP partition!
– The usual performance degradation when paged not occur with sd card from class-8
– Widget for PNP swap (swap on / off swap)
– Detailed Memory Information & Analysis
– Swappiness kernel parameter set
– Easy foolproof use (1 click optimization and automatic calculation)
– Supporting Tung all Android devices (root access and Kernelswap support)
How to Use RAM Expander to Increase RAM in Android Smart Phone
Before buying this app you must check the compatibility of this app with your device. Try this testing app MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check before you buy RAM Ex-pander. Whether Your device is compatible with ROEHSOFT RAM Expander.
- If your device is Compatible, then Buy and Download this RAM Expander.
- After installing it chose your language.
- Now Create a SWAP File by clicking Swap Active and Enable it.
- After you finish with this just click on the Grey Box and Activate SWAP
And you are successfully increased Ram of your Android device.
Manual Method to increase ram in Android Smart Phone
You just need to follow these steps to increase RAM of your android device.
Requirements to increase ram in Android Smart Phone
- SD Card of Class 4 or Higher.
- Rooted Android Smart Phone or tablet.
- Windows Pc
- SD Card Reader
- And some Software
Note: To increase your Ram, Your phone must be rooted.
Step 1: Check whether your Android phone support swapping or not :
Note: To convert your SD Card into Ram, you phone need to support Swap function. To check this download Swap Check application. Try this testing app MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check.
If your device support Swap function then proceed with Step 2
Step 2: Now you need to partition your SD Card.
- For this Google Mini Tool partition and Download it on your Windows PC.
- Now Connect your SD Card to your PC. You can use Card Reader for this.
- Now open Mini Tool Application and click on your SD card and Select the Delete Option.
- This action will Format your Card and now you have an unallocated Space.
- Now Make partition by right clicking on your SD card. Select the partition as primary and file system as FAT 32 for card more than 4GB.
- Leave about 1 GB memory for next partition.
- Then select done and again click on make partition option select primary partition but change the file system to EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4.
- Click on apply changes and after processing for few minutes your partition is completed.
Step 3: Root Your Android Device
- Now you need to Download and install Link2SD.
- Launch this app and give root permission. Now Chose the .ext partition that we made earlier.
- Sorts the app and start linking them.
Step 4: Increasing RAM of your Android Device
- For this you need to Download Swapper for Root.
- Launch the app and select the amount of RAM you want to increase.
- This will create a .swp file and it will increase the RAM of your Android Device.
Now Check for your Ram Size. It must have increased by the amount you selected.
Other Free Apps to Boost RAM
If you don’t want to waste money on buying this premium app. There are hundreds of free apps that also claim to increase or boost the Ram of Android Device by optimizing RAM of your Android Device. Here i am listing few tested and verified apps to increase ram in android.
Smart RAM Booster : Free app to increase Ram in Android
Its the most popular app to optimize RAM of your Android device. It Works by Killing the Low priority Processes or by Allocating Memory for High Priority Tasks. It is very light weight and very small app with a great user interface and is come with four different modes: Aggressive, strong, medium and gentle.
Download Smart RAM Booster
Memory Booster : Free app to increase Ram in Android
It is another popular app to optimize the Ram of your Android Device and is available in both free and premium version. Easy to use app with great user interface. It optimize the memory of your Android device by De-fragmenting Your Memory or by Preventing Memory leaks caused by different Applications
Download Memory Booster
That’s it, you have successfully increase ram in Android Smart phone. But if you still have any problem regarding this. You can ask it in comments.