OnePlus entered the home entertainment market with its premium smart televisions last year. But it could not strike a chord with customers due to the high prices of the TVs. The company has realised it needs to serve the entry-level and budget price ranges to make its name in the smart television market. With three new TVs, OnePlus is pushing through the affordable segment for as low as Rs 12,999. But the company’s arrival is delayed and comes at a time when its rivals are thriving in the affordable price categories for smart televisions.
If you are looking to buy a TV for space where the viewing distance is not too much such and confused between whether to go for the OnePlus Y series or Mi TV Horizon Edition, here is a comparison that will help you in making a final purchasing decision.
Display | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) Both the TVs have HD-ready LED displays with 1368×768 pixel resolution.
2) OnePlus claims that with the Gamma Engine it will be able to provide noise reduction, colour space mapping, dynamic contrast. It also has a high colour range of DCI-P3 93% featuring a 20% wider colour gamut.
3) On the other hand, Mi TV 4A Horizon Edition comes with Vivid Picture technology which will offer an immersive display and a wider viewing angle.
Design | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) The design of both the TVs is sleek and bears no resemblance to the rectangular boxy look on the back.
2) The bezels are slim on the OnePlus TV with a 91.4 percent screen-to-body ratio. The ratio increases to 93 per cent as the Horizon Edition has negligible bezels around the display.
Hardware | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) OnePlus has a 64-bit processor alongside Mali470 Triple core coprocessor for graphics whereas Mi TV Horizon has a quad-core processor coupled with Mali-450.
2) Both of these TVs should offer good performance when connected to a gaming console.
Sound | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) OnePlus TV offers a two-channel 20W speaker setup tuned by Dolby Audio whereas Mi TV Horizon comes with 20W stereo speakers with DTS-HD surround sound.
2) They are decent for regular viewing if you do not want to invest in a soundbar or an external speaker system.
Operating System | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) The OnePlus TV runs on Android TV 9.0 operating system which comes with OnePlus Connect, Google Assistant.
2) The Mi Horizon TV has PatchWall + Android TV 9 operating system. It features a data saver option which was also available in previous Mi TVs and a kids mode which gives different results for a particular keyword. It also has a quick-wake option.
3) Both smart TVs come with in-built Chromecast.
Connectivity | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) There are two HDMI ports, two USB ports in the OnePlus TV along with Bluetooth.
2) The Mi Horizon TV has three HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, one Ethernet. Both have a 3.5mm audio jack if you want to connect an additional speaker with the speaker.
Price | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
OnePlus Y series 32-inch TV is priced at Rs 12,999. The Mi Horizon TV is priced a little higher than its competitor at Rs 13,499.
Other Features | Mi TV 4A vs OnePlus TV 32Y1
1) Mi TV comes in a little bland here. It does not have any extra features that could necessarily have been a part of its growing ecosystem in India.
2) OnePlus has paid attention to this department and packed the OnePlus TV with what it calls OnePlus Connect.
3) It is a feature that allows a OnePlus phone to be paired with a OnePlus TV and synchronise functionalities such as calling, volume control, and much more.
4) With the help of OnePlus Connect, the OnePlus TV is able to reduce volume when a call is received on the paired OnePlus phone.
The OnePlus TV is posing a threat to Xiaomi’s Mi TV that has been in the market for a long time and are comparatively more known to people. Both OnePlus and Xiaomi are synonymous with affordable products but the latter is more associated with the category of products available at dirt-cheap prices while offering standard features on them.
OnePlus, on the other hand, is known to people who can get flagship-level experience on a product that is relatively cheaper than the rest of its stablemates. With OnePlus TV, the company has to tackle the Mi TV not just with the specifications but also with the “value for money” experience.