OnePlus 6T launched | Price | Features
OnePlus 6T is the company’s mid-year upgrade to its popular OnePlus 6 Android phone. The new T variant sports a refreshed design from the front thanks to a smaller notch, comes with better camera performance, and a bigger battery. it also comes with a newer ‘Screen Unlock’ feature where the fingerprint scanner is placed under the display.
OnePlus 6T can apparently be unlocked in 0.34 seconds via Screen Unlock, it will be available in two colours — Mirror Black and Midnight Black. it has a bigger 3700 mAh battery, compared to the OnePlus 6 which had a 3300 mAh battery.
OnePlus 6T Price
1) OnePlus 6T US price is $549 (roughly Rs. 41,000) for the 6GB RAM 128GB storage variant, $579 for the 8GB/ 128GB variant, and $629 for 8GB RAM/ 256GB storage variant.
2) The India price is not expected to be announced at the event and at the moment, it is expected to be around Rs. 40,000.
3) The smartphone will be available from November 1 in North America and November 6 in Europe.
OnePlus 6T Features
OnePlus 6T include a narrower waterdrop-style notch, alleged triple cameras, battery with more capacity, and an in-display fingerprint sensor for the first time on a OnePlus handset.
Design and Display
1) It has a slightly bigger 6.41-inch display, though it continues with the full HD+ resolution seen on the previous phone.
2) OnePlus 6 had a smaller 6.28 inch display in comparison. However, the notch is now smaller on OnePlus 6T, with a waterdrop design similar to the Oppo R17 series.
3) OnePlus has also removed the LED notification light on the front, and the users can simply lift-up the display to see notifications on their lock screen.
4) The display’s aspect ratio is 19.5:9, which is a slight change from 19:9 on the OnePlus 6.
5) It also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 on the front, while the earlier one had Gorilla Glass 5.
6) The other big change on this phone is that the headphone jack has now been done away with.
Camera specifications of OnePlus 6T
1) The camera specifications also remain the same on the OnePlus 6T, which has a 16MP+20MP camera combination at the back and a 16MP front camera.
2) OnePlus 6T continues with the same camera sensors as the earlier variant. However, there’s a new Nightscape mode to improve low-light photography.
3) Nightscape “is designed to produce true-to-life images in static low-light situations with a high dynamic range.”
4) It stacks 10 shots together at various exposure levels in this mode to create an image which looks sharp and better.
OnePlus 6T specifications
1) OnePlus 6T ships with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and three variants — 6GB RAM with 128GB of internal storage, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, and 8GB of RAM with 256GB storage.
2) It features a dewdrop style notch, which leaves space only for the selfie camera at the top.
3) The smartphone has a dual rear camera setup, with a 16-megapixel primary sensor and 20-megapixel secondary sensor, both of which have f/1.7 aperture.
4) It features a 6.41-inch display with a waterdrop style notch. It has a 19.5″9 aspect ratio. The smartphone weighs 185 grams.
5) On the software front, OnePlus 6T ships with OxygenOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. OnePlus has also mentioned that it will have tweaks to the UI and introduce new gestures to perform certain actions.