Tips on How to Build an Effective Game Testing Strategy

Game testing is a fun stage of the game creation process. So many fantastic video games are available, but they put them through a thorough game-testing process before they are made public.

Every year, companies create new video games due to the acceptance of visually appealing games and the availability of technological developments. Game testing is the process of testing a game and identifying bugs.

However, you must select the framework, tools, and game testing company most appropriate for your app!

In this article, we’ll go in-depth on developing a game-testing strategy that will help you provide your target audience with a top-notch gaming experience.

Effective Game Testing Strategy

You’ve probably already realized that making games is all about having a user-friendly user interface, engaging gameplay, integrating social media, and more.

However, if the game logic and UI are insufficient, the advantages above will be ineffective. A game testing firm might significantly aid the development and quick execution of the gaming test plan.

In developing the game testing plan, the following are some of the key steps you must take:


This evaluation, also known as free-form testing, calls for the game tester to be at ease, set the checklist aside, feel at home, and enjoy playing on the computer. The only difference is that the testing focuses on locating flaws and errors.

Functionality Testing

This technique demonstrates whether the final game adheres to the initial condition. Generic bugs usually follow common defects in the user interface, music, and mechanics in the graphics.


Compatibility testing may determine whether the game is optimized for all available screen sizes and whether the final product satisfies all essential software, hardware, and visual specifications.


By using this strategy, it can complete the game uninterrupted. While playing a linear version of the game, game testers search for crashes and freezes.

The progress is roughly 99% of the time, and the remaining 1% is due to particularly unpleasant stuck areas.

Regression Analysis

In an ideal world, a bug fixed by developers would be permanent. However, even after resolving a problem, it may reoccur. Regression testing is the most effective way to address this issue. Game testers use this technique to look for old bugs in the current code.

Reporting Test Results

Test reports go into great detail about how tests are executed. It contains information such as the number of test scenarios, the percentage of successful versus unsuccessful tests, potential release roadblocks, and more.

Game designers must be able to extract information from test reports to determine which bugs need to be fixed.

Steps in the Fundamental Game Testing Procedure

Game testing is essential in developing games before they are available to the public. During this stage, it discovers bugs and errors such as sloppy net code, slow loading times, sluggish controls, etc.

Moreover, quality control is essential in game development because it ensures that the player has a smooth, enjoyable, and uninterrupted gaming experience.

Game testers follow a few basic guidelines to detect bugs in a game successfully.

Step 1: Carry out the test

To obtain all the information in the report, test as much as possible around any discovered errors.

Step 2: Report the findings

It contains all the problems and faults discovered.

Step 3: Fix the problem.

The testing and game production teams discuss the discovered error to determine the best action.

Step 4: Retest. Then go back to step 1.

Follow these steps, too, to make the game testing process simpler and produce excellent results:

  • Take notes.
  • Don’t rush.
  • Follow the method.
  • Always verify that the version you test is the right one.
  • Keep your attention on the game.


The online gaming industry is increasing, and the leading cause of the explosive rise of online gaming is the quick spread of mobile devices and mobile internet. Game producers must prioritize game testing because the gaming market is highly competitive and demands only the best games for the intended audience.

It is advisable to outsource the services of a game testing company to make the game a success in the market. A non-tested game can be a significant turnoff for consumers, so you must approach game testing similarly to game development.

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top