we will provide you steps of How to Block a website on Chrome. We have added many steps to block website on chrome without any extension. Also if you want to block a website in android we have added steps to block website in chrome android browser.
There are different ways to Block a website on Chrome Browser. You can choose to block websites only on specific browsers, the entire operating system, or indeed your network router. While the basic Chrome browser sports a simple interface and minimal features, a variety of add-ons will make it more efficient and better customized for your needs.
How to Block a website on Chrome using Extension
Well, there are actually many ways to block websites in Chrome browser using Extension. This does not require any additional skill, you just need to install below mentioned Extensions in your chrome Browser to Block a website on Chrome Browser.
1. Block a website on Chrome using StayFocusd Extension
StayFocusd increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites. The extension is totally flexible, allowing you to set the amount of time you can waste each day, determine which websites are time wasters and decide if you’d like to block certain sites altogether.
You can specify the days StayFocusd will restrict your browsing activity along with the time you can spend per day on time-wasting websites. Apart from that, you can create a list of blocked/allowed websites as well. Another handy feature is The Nuclear Option. Enabling this feature will restrict access to any blocked website even if you have not crossed the time limit. You can specify the number of hours you want to block access.
1) StayFocusd is a productivity extension for Google Chrome that helps you stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites.
2) Once your allotted time has been used up, the sites you have blocked will be inaccessible for the rest of the day.
3) It’s highly configurable, allowing you to block or allow entire sites, specific subdomains, specific paths, specific pages, even specific in-page content (videos, games, images, forms, etc).
2. Block a website on Chrome using Nanny Extension
This is an interesting extension that allows the user to manage their own off task browsing. Websites can be blocked, monitored for time, even keywords can be “turned off” during set times each day. If needed, you can set certain sites for time spent and add them to sets to block or unblock. This is a great way to take ownership over browsing activity.
Click Here to Install nanny Chrome Extension
Nanny has all the features you need to block any website for a certain amount of time, time of day, days of week, and more. You also have the option of activating a “LockDown” mode which overrides all of your existing settings and blocks websites of your choice for a certain number of hours or minutes.
1) In its Options page you will find a “Blocked URLs” tab where you can add the URLs of websites you want to block.
2) You can also specify the time you want the websites to remain blocked.
3) You can even specify the days you want to block the specific websites and the max amount of time you can spend on each blocked website every day. Click Save when you are done.
3. Block a website on Chrome using Block Site Extension
Block Site has all the features you need to block any website for a certain amount of time, time of day, days of week, and more. You can also choose to block any URLs that contain specific words.
Once you have configured your list of blocked websites, you can add a password to the Settings page so your children won’t be able to access the it and undo it.
After installing the extension, open extension settings and add the websites you want to block. Also, check the “Enable Authentication” box and specify the password to block access to the settings.
- Add the websites or pages you want to block in a smart and simple way. Get automatically redirected to safer, more positive sites.
- Build a more effective work environment for yourself
- All adult sites can now be blocked with a single click.
- Set up the sites you want to be redirected to. Make sure your internet usage is productive and effective.
- Block social media sites, adult content, or other sites you find disturbing.
4. Block a website on Chrome using Personal Blocklist Extension
The personal blocklist extension will transmit to Google the patterns that you choose to block. When you choose to block or unblock a pattern, the extension will also transmit to Google the URL of the web page on which the blocked or unblocked search results are displayed. You agree that Google may freely use this information to improve our products and services.
1) Once you’ve installed it, you’ll see an option below each of your Google Search results to “Block” the domain of that search result.
2) Click it and that site will no longer appear in your search results.
3) If a blocked site appears in your results, you’ll see a notification at the bottom of the search page telling you that certain sites aren’t appearing because you blocked them, and you can choose the option to “show” them here (though why would you?!?).
5. How to Block a website on Chrome Android Browser
I highly recommend using this antivirus app. It has an option to block websites and it’s fully functional.
Mobile Security for Android detects malware on Google Play™ before it can be installed. It also provides a locking feature to prevent unauthorized access to any installed app (great for parents). Enjoy your digital life safely with Trend Micro Mobile Security.
To Block a website on Chrome Android Browser follow below steps:
- Open the app.
- Tap the safe surfing option.
- Click the blocked list option at the bottom.
- Tap the add option.
- Now, give the name[optional] and website URL you want to block(in this instance, it is facebook).
- The website should be added to the blocked list.
Now, try to open the facebook and you’ll see this message.
However, this method has a disadvantage. If you try to access the website (facebook) in the private mode, you can get access to it even though it is on the blocked list.
6. Block a Website on Chrome Browser Using Host File
You don’t need to install any third party software for this. You can block website using the host file. Just Follow below Steps to block website on Chrome using Host File.
- Open Notepad in administration Mode.
- Press Ctrl+O and follow the path – C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- If there is no file in this folder then select All File file type as given below
- After this Open the hosts file
- Place the courser at the end line and press enter and write this IP Address 127.0.0.1 after this write the website you want to block as shown in picture and save
- Now open browser and open these website. Browser will not open these website as shown in picture.
7. How to Block a website on Chrome without any Extensions
On chrome you can create a separate Supervisor account for anyone you want to supervise. All the activities from that account can be easily seen by you and you can also specify which website the supervised account can visit and which should be blocked. Follow Below steps to Block a website on Chrome Browser without any browser.
1) click on main menu on the top left corner of the window and select “Settings”.
2) In the settings, click on “Add person” under the heading “People”.
3) Now, you need to give a picture to the new account you are adding and give it a name to identify who’s it is.
4) After that, make sure the option “Control and view the websites this person visits” is checked and click on “Add”.
5) The account will be created, you can manage and control account through your supervised user dashboard.
6) Just sign in to your dashboard with your Google Account and you will see all the supervised user accounts here.
7) To block websites, click on “Manage” in the “Permissions” panel.
8) Here you will have two options, either you can block all the websites and allow specific websites or allow all the websites and block specified
9) To allow all websites and block few, make sure “All of the web” is selected in the above drop down menu.
10) Now start adding the URLs of the websites you want to block and make sure the “Behavior” is set to “Block entire domain” to block everything related to it.
11) If you want to block all the websites and allow few of them, then make sure the drop down menu option is set to “Only approved sites”.
12) Add URLs of all the websites you want to allow below, and then click on “OK” to apply.
You can also allow “safe search” to block all of the adult content automatically without any need of specifying websites (if that was your intention). Just click on “Lock SafeSearch” under the “Permissions” panel and the safe search will be enabled.
So these are some ways of How to Block a website on Chrome Browser. Use above methods to block a website in chrome browser. If you know any other method to block website comment below and we will add that method in this list to block a website in Chrome Browser.