In this post we will provide you ways of How to Read iBooks on PC or Windows. If you are finding a way to read iBooks on PC follow below guide to read iBooks online. There are Many iBooks apps for windows from which you can read iBooks on Windows. iBooks stands for the Apple eBooks or eBook reader. Referring to the iBooks reader, it is the official integrated app for users to buy and read Apple eBooks
iBooks with its own ebooks features which attracts readers in reading. You can buy almost any type books from Apple book stores online. It always offers you suitable option to find something good to read. iBooks takes advantages in ebooks over other reading apps. Although you can purchase books from the Apple iBookstore on a computer, the iBooks application is only available on Apple portable devices and does not have a desktop version.
one issue you are faced with is that the ebooks you purchased or downloaded from Apple book shop contain Apple Fairplay DRM (Digital Rights Management). DRM makes you fail to read iBooks on PC or on other non-iOS devices. Apple designed your iTunes electronic book to be readable only on its iBooks software, which so far is available only for the iPad, iPhone
How to Read iBooks on PC or Windows
The books sold at the iBookstore are in the common ePub format, which can be read by a variety of desktop applications. To read the books on the computer, first transfer the book files stored on your iPad or iPhone to your PC if necessary.
You often need to remove the DRM protection to enjoy it.Here we give you a trick to read iBooks on pc without worry about the DRM restrictions.
This DRM prevents the books from being opened on anything other than iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches with the iBooks application and your Apple ID. But no problem there is always a solution behind it,so just follow below steps
As Apple doesn’t have the official iBook reader for Windows, so you need to find other software. There are many kinds of iBooks readers. The ePub books or MobiMover are one of them
Different Ways of How to Read iBooks on PC
If you don’t want to install any other extra software installation for reading iBook in your pc, Then you can try Ebook reader plugin like EPUBReader for Firefox or MagicScroll eBook reader for chrome.
As Apple doesn’t have the official iBook reader for Windows, so you need to find other software. There are many kinds of iBooks files with different extensions like ePub and iBook etc. Take the ePub books for example, if you want to read ePub books on Windows, you can use eBook reader apps or plugins. Below are some ways of How to read iBooks on PC.
1. How to Read iBooks on PC using Chrome Browser
The MagicScroll Web Reader turns every page on the web into a MagicScroll book. Its unique scrolling system lets you scroll web pages without moving them, making it easier to read long articles without being distracted.
1) click here from your chrome
2) Then click on add to Desktop. After install you’ll see a small book icon in the chrome toolbar.
3) Now you can drag ePub files to the chrome to open and read iBook on PC. Visit a page you want to read and click the icon to transform it into a MagicScroll book.
2. How to Read iBooks on PC using Mozilla Browser
With EPUBReader you can read ePub files just in Firefox. No additional software needed! With EPUBReader installed, you don’t see the dialog. EPUBReader downloads the file, makes some processing and displays the ePub file ready to read!
If you have got already downloaded ePub-files, you can read them by clicking on the EPUBReader toolbar button
1.Open your Firefox and click here
2.Then click on Add to Firefox
3.Now you can drag ePub files to the FireFox to open and read iBook on PC.
3. Download iBooks by iTunes for Windows.
- What you need to do is to launch the iTunes on your Windows computer
- login with the iTunes account from which you have already purchased the iBooks
- click ‘Account’-> ‘Purchased’ to open the purchased content list.
- next you can go to ‘Books’ tab and pick up the iBooks you want to download.
In this way, you don’t need to connect any external devices but please make sure you have a good internet speed. Else it might take a long time to download.
4. How to Read iBook on pc using EaseUS:
1) First of all Download and install EaseUS MobiMover Free from here
2) Now Connect your iPhone to Computer via USB Cable.
3) Then Launch EaseUS MobiMover on your computer.
4) The data on your iPhone will be listed on the dashboard
5) After that Click “Transfer to Computer” on the main interface.
6) Then Wait till few seconds, and MobiMover will read the data on your iPhone quickly.
7) In the pop-up window you can choose which category you want to transfer to PC.
8) Here you need to choose “Books“.
- Now Click on Browse to set the folder on the computer you want to save your book files.
- Then click Transfer to start. It takes some time to transferring the data.
These are the common ways to read iBooks on Windows. However, these methods only work for the standard DRM free files. Using below steps you can check I iBook protected with DRM or not.
How to Check if iBook protected with DRM:
To check if your iBooks are DRM protected,yo can follow this steps
1) First of all right click on the book on iTunes
2) Now click on Get Info.
3) After that go to the File tab.
4) If your file shows Protected book, Then it is embedded with Digital Rights Management protection,which can only be opened from iBooks app currently.
How to read iBook in Amazon kindle device:
To read the iBooks on Kindle, you need to firstly know that the iBooks are in .ePub format and eBooks supported by Kindle in formats like .Mobi, .AZW, .PDF etc.
It’s easy to convert the DRM-free iBooks to Amazon Kindle compatible formats by using eBook converter software.
But for most of the iBooks you purchased from iBooks store are protected by Apple’s DRM. To read those DRM protected iBooks on Kindle, you must remove the DRM restriction from the iBooks before converting it to Kindle eBook formats.
How to remove DRM from iBook:
1.First of all download TunesKit iBook copy
TunesKit DRM iBook Copy for Mac.dmg
2.Now add iBook to TunesKit iBook copy
3.Once launching TunesKit iBook Copy for Mac, you can load the iBooks to the program via the Add Files button or via directly drag and drop.
4.Then adjust output settings, select output folder
5.After that start to remove DRM, you can start removing DRM from iBooks by clicking the Convert button.
How to Convert DRM free iBook ePub Files to Kindle Mobi eBooks:
1.First of all download Calibre app from here
2.Now add ebook files to calibre
3.Then customize your output settings
4.After that click on ok to start convert
How to transfer converted iBooks to Amazon kindle:
1.Firstly connect your kindle via usb to your pc
2.Now copy and paste your files to kindle device
Or you can send it to your kindle email
How to transfer iBooks to Windows computer:
If you already downloaded iBooks on a Mac computer, it is very easy to transfer. You can use an USB drive, then copy the iBooks from the Mac computer to the USB drive by simple drag and drop from iBooks app. In that way you can do it to copy the files from the USB drive to your Windows desktop.
Premium Accounts are costly and sometimes you want them for free so we have provided many tricks and ways to get Premium Accounts for Free, as we have already posted How to Get Spotify Premium For Free and how to get Free Hulu Account username and password so that you save your Money.
So follow above steps to read iBooks on windows. If you know any other ways to read iBooks on Pc comment below and we will add that method to read iBooks on PC. If you are facing any issue in above methods to read iBooks for PC comment below an we will try to resolve your query.
1 thought on “How to Read iBooks on PC or Windows – Easiest Method”
Pingback: What is Aae File - How to Open and Delete Aae Files - Tricks By STG