Windows Blue Screen Error is most common error now a days. Recently if have posted how to fix irql_not_less_or_equal. Error. This Kmode Exception not Handled Error is same as other Blue Screen Errors. In this Post we will provide you steps to fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error. There are many ways to fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error which we have discussed below.
The error indicates that the system error handler couldn’t catch an exception generated by a kernel mode program. It’s mostly displayed as a Blue Screen Error (BSoD) or a STOP code. When this happens, the computer shuts down abruptly.
The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is a Blue Screen Of Death Error message and it’s also known for its Bug Check Error Code value of 0x0000001E. Windows Blue screen of death [BSOD] is most common now a days.
What is Kmode Exception not Handled Error
This Kmode Exception not Handled happens when the system crashes and gets to the point where it can no longer operate in the normal mode, turning the entire screen to blue in color with several lines of error code.
The exception produced by a kernel mode program is not handled well by an error handler and this is indicated by the STOP error. It also tells us that some driver complications are faced by the system.
The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is a type of STOP error, also known as Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) that occurs on Windows based operating systems, and can cause them to restart or shut down abruptly. This bug check contains a value of 0x0000001E.
The Kmode Exception not Handled Error can be caused by
- Hardware problems
- Incompatibility with device drivers
- Corrupt system services
- Recently installed software applications that might be incompatible with your Windows versions
Previously also we have posted about how to Check if your PC can Run That Game, How to Fix iastordatasvc High CPU Issue, How to fix Bad Pool Header issue in Windows 10.
How to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error
Below are some steps for How to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error. SOme Steps are related to your Driver update or uninstall and some are related to BIOS Update. All steps are easy and each details is given to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error.
1. Uninstall Problematic software
First thing to check is that if you have installed any recent software, then uninstall it. This problem may arise due to problematic softwares on your PC. go to control panel and uninstall any recently CPU intensive and suspicious programs which you may let go away from your system.
After uninstalling the Software if still you are getting Kmode Exception not Handled error then follow below steps to fix Kmode Exception not Handled.
2. Free Disk Space
This error can also be caused if you run out of disk space. If it occurs when you are installing an application, clean up the space then try installing again.
3. Uninstall antivirus and any malware fighter
Sometimes Antivirus and Windows Defender does not work in same way. So to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 error you need to Uninstall these antivirus. Some antiviruses install drivers in order to control various functions like the firewall.
Such anti viruses and malware fighters have been known to cause memory conflict hence crashing your PC. IObit and Norton do not particularly handle each other well on the same system. To Uninstall follow below Steps
1) Go to Your Control Panel
2) Goto Program and Features option
3) Select the Antivirus you want to uninstall and uninstall it.
4) Hope this helps to fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error.
4. Uninstall Driver which is Causing Issue
Many a times Uninstalling the Driver which is causing the issue fixes Kmode Exception not Handled Error. Go to Device Manager to check for the driver status. Uninstalling the faulty driver might fix the error. Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.
The driver’s file name which is creating the problem actually looks like XXX.sys or XYZ.sys; Whatever it called, but that driver’s file is having the .sys extension at the end of its name.
After finding the name, now it’s going to be a lot easier for you to download that particular corrupted driver; After finding the driver name just Update or Uninstall Driver which is causing the Kmode Exception not Handled Error.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run command.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK. Then Device Manager will open.
3) In Device Manager, locate the faulty driver. If the driver is having problem, you’ll see a yellow mark next to the device name. Then right-click on the device name (For example, uninstall graphics card driver.) and select Uninstall.
4) Now Click on Uninstall and your driver will be uninstalled.
5) Now Restart your PC and see if this fix for Kmode Exception not Handled error is resolved or not.
5. Update the System Drivers
If Uninstalling the drivers does not work then try to update your Drivers. You can Manually Update your Driver or There are Many Softwares to do the Same. If you have less drivers in your PC then you can Update them Manually to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled error
6. Use SFC /SCANNOW To Repair Windows
Sfc Scan is a great command run by CMD which can help you to repair your Windows by just typing a single command in the Windows Command Prompt.
1. Open CMD, as an administrator.
2. Then type the command “Sfc /Scannow” and hit enter. Make sure you don’t close this CMD window until the verification gets 100% completed.
3. Restart your computer and test it.
4. If the blue screen has gone, then that’s good!! If don’t, then just move to the next solution;
7. Repair Registry and Fragmented Disk
1.Press F8 to enter Safe Mode and choose Repair My Computer > Enter Command Prompt in Advanced Options under Troubleshoot;
2.Select Command Prompt and type below commands to find the root directory:
dir C:\Win and hit Enter;
dir D:\Win and hit Enter;
dir E:\Win* and hit Enter;
cd /d C:\windows\System32\config + hit Enter;
xcopy . C:\RegBack\ + hit Enter;
cd RegBack + hit Enter;
dir + hit Enter;
4.Type below commands:
copy /y software ..
copy /y system ..
copy /y sam ..
And finally click yes to finish the commands. Then reboot computer, the registry will be manually fixed and repaired.
8. Test your RAM
If the error is caused by a faulty RAM memory, check your RAM using the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. To do so, follow these steps to resolve Kmode Exception not Handled error:
- 1.Click Start
- 2.Type in Memory Diagnostics Tool in the search box
- 3.Right-click on Memory Diagnostics Tool
- 4.Choose Run as Administrator
- 5.Follow the instructions to begin the diagnostic process
9. Do a System Restore
You can restore your windows to previously working Time. Every system generates a system restore Points so if your System Protection is turned on, Windows will create a restore point before you install the driver. Then you can follow these steps to restore the driver to earlier version to fix this issue.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke a run box.
2) Type rstrui.exe and click OK. The System Restore Window will open.
3) Click Next then you may see the following screen. Select a restore point that was created before the error occurred. Click Next to continue and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore.
4. Reboot your PC and check to see if the problem Kmode Exception not Handled error resolved.
10. Update BIOS (Basic Input/Output System)
If Above Solution for Fix Kmode Exception not Handled error does not work then you can Update BIOS. Performing BIOS update is a critical task and if something goes wrong it can seriously damage your system, therefore, an expert supervision is recommended.
1.The first step is to identify your BIOS version, to do so press Windows Key + R then type “msinfo32” (without quotes) and hit enter to open System Information.
2.Once the System Information window opens locate BIOS Version/Date then note down the manufacturer and BIOS version.
3.Go to your manufacturer’s website for e.g in my case it’s Dell so I will go to Dell website and then I will enter my computer serial number or click on the auto detect option.
4.Now from the list of drivers shown I will click on BIOS and will download the recommended update.
Note: Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from your power source while updating the BIOS or you may harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you will briefly see a black screen.
5.Once the file is downloaded, just double click on the Exe file to run it.
6.Finally, you have updated your BIOS and this may resolve the Kmode Exception not Handled error also.
So these are the some method to fix Kmode Exception not Handled error in windows. If you are facing any problem in any method to fix Kmode Exception not Handled error do comment below and we will try to resolve your queries.
11 thoughts on “How to Fix Kmode Exception not Handled Error [Solved]”
Pingback: How to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Problem - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix Windows 10 Memory Management Error - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Error - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix Discord Push to Talk Not Working Error - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Fix the file is too large for the destination file system Error - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix whea uncorrectable error [Solved] - Tricks By STG
Pingback: What is Akamai NetSession Interface used for - is it Safe? - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix Elara App is Preventing Shutdown/Restart - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix Discord Push to Talk Not Working Error [Solved] - Tricks By STG
Pingback: How to Fix Page fault in Nonpaged Area [Solved] - Tricks By STG
Pingback: Fix the file is too large for the destination file system Error [Solved] - Tricks By STG