Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error – In this post we have provided ways of How to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error. This error mostly is caused by faulty drivers, which programmed to access improper hardware addresses.
To fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 error, simply try solutions in this post. irql_not_less_or_equal error occurs due to many reasons like you have installed any faulty driver or your Driver is not updated.
irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error will occur when a backup utility or antivirus scanner makes changes to Windows that it doesn’t like. Here’s How to Fix Android Oreo WiFi Problems
Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error would occur randomly especially when you are playing game. Here’s How to Fix Err_Connection_Refused Error. A Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is the error screen you see when Windows has a major issue. It halts the PC and displays some very important information.
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at an invalid address while at a raised interrupt request level (IRQL). This is typically either a bad pointer or a pageability problem.
This post on irql_not_less_or_equal Also Contains Below Topic
- What is the Irql_not_less_or_equal?
- How do I fix Irql not less or equal?
- What is an Irql error?
- What is Kmode_exception_not_handled Windows 10?
- How do I fix Irql not less or equal?
- What is Irql_not_less_or_equal error?
- What is a kernel security check failure?
- How do I fix the blue screen of death?
What are the Causes for irql_not_less_or_equal
Below is the cause of irql_not_less_or_equal. Knowing reasons for irql_not_less_or-equal error will be very helpful for us to prevent and find relative solutions for this problem. Here below are some major reasons for this problem:
- Incompatible device drivers;
- Poor device driver installation;
- Faulty hardware;
- Disk fragmentation;
- Registry issues;
- Viruses and malware attack.
What problems will the irql_not_less_or_equal error cause to your computer? The most serious problems should be system crash, system failure and even data loss etc. So how to avoid such a problem and how to find solutions to fix irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 Error.
How to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error
The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.
If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version. so follow below steps to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error.
1. Uninstall antivirus and any malware fighter
Sometimes Antivirus and Windows Defender does not work in same way. So to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 error you need to Uninstall these antivirus. Some antiviruses install drivers in order to control various functions like the firewall.
Such antiviruses and malware fighters have been known to cause memory conflict hence crashing your PC. IObit and Norton do not particularly handle each other well on the same system. To Uninstall follow below Steps
- Go to Your Control Panel
- Goto Program and Features option
- Select the Antivirus you want to uninstall and uninstall it.
- Hope this helps to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error.
2. Uninstall Driver which is Causing Issue
Many a times Uninstalling the Driver which is causing the issue fixes irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error. Go to Device Manager to check for the driver status. Uninstalling the faulty driver might fix the error. Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run command.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK. Then Device Manager will open.
3) In Device Manager, locate the faulty driver. If the driver is having problem, you’ll see a yellow mark next to the device name. Then right-click on the device name (For example, uninstall graphics card driver.) and select Uninstall.
4) Now Click on Uninstall and your driver will be uninstalled.
5) Now Restart your PC and see if this fix for irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error is resolved or not.
3. Update the System Drivers
If Uninstalling the drivers does not work then try to update your Drivers. You can Manually Update your Driver or There are Many Softwares to do the Same. If you have less drivers in your PC then you can Update them Manually to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error
4. Update your Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapter drivers
This Solution helps when you are playing Game over internet and suddenly you got error of irql_not_less_or_equal. So to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error you need to Update your Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter Drivers. Follow below steps to update
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open the device manager
- Expand the ‘Network Adapters’ section
- Right click on your graphics device, and select ‘update driver software’. An internet connection will give you better results.
- On the next window click “Search automatically for updated driver software”
- Device manager will search for drivers online and install them.
- After Update is done restart your PC and and it may Fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error.
5. Repair Registry and Fragmented Disk
- Press F8 to enter Safe Mode and choose Repair My Computer > Enter Command Prompt in Advanced Options under Troubleshoot;
- Select Command Prompt and type below commands to find the root directory:
dir C:\Win and hit Enter;
dir D:\Win and hit Enter;
dir E:\Win* and hit Enter;
cd /d C:\windows\System32\config + hit Enter;
xcopy . C:\RegBack\ + hit Enter;
cd RegBack + hit Enter;
dir + hit Enter;
4.Type below commands:
copy /y software ..
copy /y system ..
copy /y sam ..
And finally click yes to finish the commands. Then reboot computer, the registry will be manually fixed and repaired.
6. Roll Back Drivers
- Go to Control Panel > Double click the system icon and locate the System Properties;
- Click hardware tab > click Device Manager > locate the device you recently installed and double click it;
- Click the driver tab and the roll back driver button.
7. Do a System Restore
You can restore your windows to previously working Time. Every system generates a system restore Points so if your System Protection is turned on, Windows will create a restore point before you install the driver. Then you can follow these steps to restore the driver to earlier version to fix this issue.
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke a run box.
2) Type rstrui.exe and click OK. The System Restore Window will open.
3) Click Next then you may see the following screen. Select a restore point that was created before the error occurred. Click Next to continue and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore.
4) Reboot your PC and check to see if the problem irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error resolved.
8. Run Hardware Diagnostic
- Type: Memory Diagnostic in the search and enter this tool;
- Click Diagnostic your memory problems and it will ask you to perform the check by restarting PC immediately or on the next restart;
- Scan on the memory and it will show a list of problematic errors detected during the scan.
- Replace all faulty hardware detected in the scan and reboot PC.
9. Disable Memory Caching
Press F2 or other keys > Enter BIOS > Disable Memory caching feature.
Method 5. Scan and remove Malware in PC
To perform this method, you need to use some anti-virus software to scan and thoroughly remove all Malware from your PC and then reboot computer. The unwanted irql_not_less_or_equal problem will be fixed.
10. Provide better cooling for your PC when gaming
irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error also occurs when there is heating problem in your PC/Laptop. So you need to Provide Better cooling for your PC while you play Games online or offline. When this temperature threshold is reached, your computer will immediately shutdown through a BSOD to avoid damage to the CPU, RAM or GPU.
So to Avoid excess cooling you need cooling fan for your device. You can buy it from Amazon and thus you can also prevent irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error.
11. Resolving a faulty hardware problem:
If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner’s manual for your computer.
12. Resolving a faulty system service problem:
Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, investigate the Windows repair options.
So these are more than 10 steps to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error. Hope you are able to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error. If you are facing any issues while implementing these steps to irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 Error do comment below and we will try to resolve your Queries.